Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Interesting - Quilting Quickly magazine is still being published... >

Interesting - Quilting Quickly magazine is still being published...

Interesting - Quilting Quickly magazine is still being published...

Old 01-27-2014, 10:13 AM

I too like Jenny's way.... Love her tutes on you tube..but I am afraid that one day, somehow, they will no longer be there and free........not being a computer genus, is there a way they can be put on a flash drive or some other way of archiving/saving them?
Old 01-27-2014, 11:32 AM

Just looked at Quilting Quickly in the supermarket on my lunch hour. Not impressed since Jenny Doan is not involved, and put it back on the rack.
Old 01-27-2014, 05:41 PM

I have been disappointed in the past few issues of Quilting Quickly. My morning paper has more pages in it than the magazine.
Old 01-28-2014, 02:14 AM

Originally Posted by Roberta View Post
I had emailed Jenny and asked if she was going to continue with the magazine and she said there would be "big news" coming the first of the year. Well it's almost February and no news yet. Anyone have any info on what her news might be?
Probably that she's doing a segment on Craftsy!
Old 01-28-2014, 07:39 PM

I also noticed that f&p had taken over the mag. and feel that its gotten more about the bottom dollar with them, rarely is anything free with them, example patterns. I hope jenny comes out with her own magazine. she is such an inspiration for me being a new quilter.
Old 01-29-2014, 08:43 AM

Thanks for the heads up. I had noticed it was not on the Missouri Quilt site and only on the F & P site. I thought they were just slow in getting it. I didn't know about the change. Now with the change, it will just be another quilting magazine I enjoy looking through. I'll save my money for fabric instead.
If anybody sees a new magazine Jenny is involved in, please do a shout out. [/I]
Old 01-30-2014, 11:18 AM

I finally got a chance to look at the magazine in person yesterday. To me, it looked like a bunch of patterns I've seen before... standard stuff... nothing innovative or different. It just didn't "grab" me enough to spend the $9.99 on the magazine, like it did when Jenny was involved. Which is fine, since I've put myself on an austerity program this year. Sewing stuff "rehab", you might say!
Old 02-03-2014, 12:02 PM

I saw the next QQ Spring ? issue the other day ... and I didn't buy it either. Just not the same without Jenny. Fons and Porter continue to publish it ... apparently Jenny & MSQC decided to bring out a new quilt magazine of their own. No surprise there !
Should be great, just like her, and her fun teaching style. Figured that was on the horizon when we heard the news last fall about her departure ...

Last edited by TexasGurl; 02-03-2014 at 12:05 PM.