Iwantabook.com

Old 06-10-2011, 02:24 PM

thank you thank you thank yoou
Old 06-11-2011, 02:37 AM

NICE SITE....Thanks
Old 06-11-2011, 03:57 AM

Originally Posted by arimuse
I use www.betterworldbooks.com

Its run by people who try to save books from landfills, etc and gets books to places in the world to promote literacy. If you go to the site you can read about how they started. They ship anything you buy for free, and they used to sell some of the stuff for 5 for 15$ but I see now they have books listed at 2 prices, new and used at 3.48$ a book.
I think you can sell books back to them, too, you used to anyway.

for quilt books you: click popular catagories, click home and garden, click crafts and hobbies, finally click quilts and quilting.
on the page that opens they have a book Id love (well, Id love a bunch of them!)- "The Prairie Girl's Guide to Life: How to Sew a Sampler Quilt & 49 Other Pioneer Projects for the Modern Girl" by Jennifer Worick. also, next page: "Quilter's Country Christmas: More Than 50 Projects to Make Your Home, Gifts, and Decorations Extra Special for the Holidays by Leslie Linsley. Id love that one too. Theyre both 3.48$ each, free shipping.

Im really bad about books, even worse than collecting fabric! sharet
Great site . I like the idea of recycling books. The site I put up doesn't sell books it just tells you the cheapest place. I randomly picked a book
------------------
abetterworldbooks
Fresh Quilting: Fearless Color, Design, & Inspiration
by Malka Dubrawsky
Paperback Book (2010)

See all available copies

New: $21.98
---------------
The cheapest on iwantabook was 19.19 with shipping. They do not however have the betterworldbooks listed so I will add that to My list of places to check. Thank you for listing that one.
Old 06-11-2011, 04:20 AM

better world is a nice place cus you can almost always get a book there for 3.50$ if it has an older publishing date. The current published books are sold, but at current prices. You can buy old dated books at current prices if it is brand new never sold, then you pay as a "new" book. Ive bought tons of "used" books form them and never been disappointed. Everything does ship for free.

These guys started out in college trying to salvage older textbooks, (they have a nice textbook site if yu are in college or have kids going. Textbooks are outrageously priced at colleges - and they - the prof- try to say you cant use "older" copyrites, well, sometimes the differnece in a used text and a "new" is a line or 2 added somewhere and its got a new print run. This chgs the price from 20$ used to 100$ new!) and then just started this business collecting books from library sales etc to save books from being destroyed. They are still real close to libraries all over the US and list library book sales by state.

anyway, its my fav site for browsing for books outside of spending an afternoon in a bkstore. (Gee, when hubs went back to school for another quick cert - software courses - I would ride into the city w/ him and have him drop me at B&N bookstore in the AM whn it was just opening, I browsed around, found a book, sat and went thru it, had a lunch, browsed the music and gifty stuff, had iced coffee, and went thru the books some more and hubs picked me up in the afternoon! I could even have gone to other stores on the strip - TJ Max, etc, but I always stayed with teh books! I even applied for a job at a B&N, but didnt get it) sharet
Old 06-11-2011, 04:26 AM

better world is a nice place cus you can almost always get a book there for 3.50$ if it has an older publishing date. The current published books are sold, but at current prices. You can buy old dated books at current prices if it is brand new never sold, then you pay as a "new" book. Ive bought tons of "used" books form them and never been disappointed. Everything does ship for free.

These guys started out in college trying to salvage older textbooks, (they have a nice textbook site if yu are in college or have kids going. Textbooks are outrageously priced at colleges - and they - the prof- try to say you cant use "older" copyrites, well, sometimes the differnece in a used text and a "new" is a line or 2 added somewhere and its got a new print run. This chgs the price from 20$ used to 100$ new!) and then just started this business collecting books from library sales etc to save books from being destroyed. They are still real close to libraries all over the US and list library book sales by state.

anyway, its my fav site for browsing for books outside of spending an afternoon in a bkstore. (Gee, when hubs went back to school for another quick cert - software courses - I would ride into the city w/ him and have him drop me at B&N bookstore in the AM whn it was just opening, I browsed around, found a book, sat and went thru it, had a lunch, browsed the music and gifty stuff, had iced coffee, and went thru the books some more and hubs picked me up in the afternoon! I could even have gone to other stores on the strip - TJ Max, etc, but I always stayed with teh books! I even applied for a job at a B&N, but didnt get it) sharet
My granddaughter just started college. I knew the books were expensive but wow!. I have spent the day in the book store too. I think its great that B&N have the food now. I take a book with me no matter where I go. I keep one in my car in case I am stuck in traffic. The library is my best friend. It is the First place I find when I move to a new place. Before the fabric store or the grocery store. LOL
Old 06-11-2011, 04:34 AM

gosh! me too! I'm suspicious of a town that has a "poor" library! I check out libraries even on vacation LOL. sharet
Old 06-11-2011, 04:43 AM

gosh! me too! I'm suspicious of a town that has a "poor" library! I check out libraries even on vacation LOL. sharet
I loved my little library in Fairburn Ga they all knew me and my family. But I do have to say the library in Virginia Beach is pretty darn good. Best thing about here. The only other thing I like is a black cherry ice cream I found . LOL. I am NOT a beach person unless I am the only person walking on it, nor am I a city/subdivison everyone on top of me person. Thank goodness for the library
Old 06-11-2011, 06:05 AM

me too! the beach I like the best here is Hunting Island in Hunting Island St Pk at Beaufort. Its close to the Marine base (Paris Is) and during the week no one is there, not even many people in the summer, and when people are there, they are families and regular looking people (not bikini models lol.) Its fun to walk and collect shells, or ride a bike, fish. The backdrop of the beach is tropical looking.sharet
Old 06-11-2011, 07:02 AM

Thanks so much for the link!
Old 06-13-2011, 04:50 PM

Another great one is www.alibris.com, they have books, recordings, movies, etc.