Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Leah Day friendship quilt along

Leah Day friendship quilt along

Is anyone doing this? I got the first pattern and some of my quilting friends are going to do it and we are going to trade some scraps.
    Alyce

I’m not doing it but I like the way she’s mixing up all different fabrics in her stars.
    Lori

Blog Entries
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

That looks fun, I love the way the sampler looks like mini quilts all together. Too much on my plate but wow, thanks for posting.

That one is a little too busy for me. I like Leah Day though.

Very pretty, scrappy quilt! How much are the monthly block patterns going to cost?
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
    Very pretty, scrappy quilt! How much are the monthly block patterns going to cost?
    i think first is $7.99 but it is 52 pages! And rest are $4.99
    Alyce

I'm doing it although I am not sure about some of the blocks. I got the first one and made it for a door prize at our guild's holiday party. Did not get it quilted since I finally stopped at 5:00 AM and my Pfaff broke a needle and it became inoperable. The one thing I would change about the first block is do sew and flip instead of making half square triangles for the small stars that finish at 4" Even with pressing the seams open there is too much bulk for the tiny stars and they did not lay as flat.

Quote Originally Posted by quilt9226 View Post
    I'm doing it although I am not sure about some of the blocks. I got the first one and made it for a door prize at our guild's holiday party. Did not get it quilted since I finally stopped at 5:00 AM and my Pfaff broke a needle and it became inoperable. The one thing I would change about the first block is do sew and flip instead of making half square triangles for the small stars that finish at 4" Even with pressing the seams open there is too much bulk for the tiny stars and they did not lay as flat.
    thanks for that advice. I’m going to make 9 blocks and don’t know which ones yet. I’m not in a hurry and I have a lot of scraps
    Alyce