Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Love of Quilting

Quote Originally Posted by MarleneC View Post
    Our PBS is in its money making phase again. No telling what will show up when it is over. I don't mind the guest hosts and the guests. Never cared for Mary--she had a habit of correcting her mother. She seems to always be on "stage". Like Marianne doing the tips--in fact, the tips part is my favorite section.
    yeah...I kinda Felt that way, too. She seemed to be a "know it all" ...and I did enjoy Marianne. around here in NE Ohio its on PBS every Sat morning at 6am. I set the DVR.
    have been happily divorced from the same guy for 39 years now! Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by wbfrog View Post
    Last year I got to meet Mary at Nancy Notions Weekend and I asked the question about her magazine Quilty which I loved. She had announced at the lecture that she would no longer be doing the show nor the show on QNNTV she was returning to college, she got accepted into this writing program that is very hard to get into, she was accepted. Her mom Marianne Fons retired, she still does online classes with craftonline. The new person that is going to be doing FonsandPorter with PBS is Sara Gallegos from machine applique quilting on QNNTV.
    thank you for the info. glad to finally find out what out what's going on. now I can delete the program off my DVR

Quote Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
    I learned a lot from the old f&p programs, but the ones with mom and daughter and now who ever she is just isn't the same. And the fact that no measurements, sizes are mentioned, but you are told to go to website for info....and that tells what book its in or what pattern to buy totally turns me of. Unlike EB or Jenny Doan, who share all info.
    I found out what they do when they tell you to go to the website is they they then try to sell you the magazine. You won't get any measurements without buying the magazine! clever of them

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
    I learned a lot from the old f&p programs, but the ones with mom and daughter and now who ever she is just isn't the same. And the fact that no measurements, sizes are mentioned, but you are told to go to website for info....and that tells what book its in or what pattern to buy totally turns me of. Unlike EB or Jenny Doan, who share all info.
    One frustrating thing with Jenny is she never tells what the block size is.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Shouldn't be hard to figure out if she's using the pre-cuts. Most of the videos I've watched she has mentioned the finished block size.
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyb View Post
    One frustrating thing with Jenny is she never tells what the block size is.

I love Jenny
    Doan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2