Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Modern Patchwork Magazine Discontinued

Quote Originally Posted by MakaySews View Post
    Consider yourself lucky Kwilter. About 6 years ago I subscribed to Quilt-It Magazine and Sew-it Magazine. After receiving one issue the company closed and I had just paid for a year for both magazines. No letter or refund or replacement magazine were offered and calls to them were not returned.
    I do, indeed! Really, for the price they charge for some of these subscriptions vs the newsstand price, it’s no wonder they struggle. I find the newsstand pricing has made the magazines almost unaffordable, or at least a poor choice for print material value considering the cost of say a quilting book without the advertising.

Quote Originally Posted by SusieQOH View Post
    I haven't subscribed to any quilt mags for years but it seems to me that if they go under you should get your money back for unsent issues?
    you would think, especially if they are still in the publishing business, otherwise I expect they don’t have the funds left to do that.

Super Member quiltingshorttimer's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If you are looking for modern, check out the QuiltCon mags--one per year (boohoo) showing the quilts from that years show and even some patterns. Plus I've recently bought a copy of Simply Moderne (from France)--pretty pricey so won't be getting it often--but a real treat. I do realize that online stuff is overwhelming print mags, but I really wish there was a long arm magazine. I cringe at the price of the mags in the stores, but when you think that there's maybe 2-3 quilts in each mag that you 'Might" make and the cost of patterns purchased separately are about $10/each, magazines aren't that costly when you subscribe..

Sorry this happened to you. Thank you for mentioning it - I was also wondering why I hadn't seen it in awhile.

Blog Entries
    found it at discountmags.com. clicked and added to cart. not sure if it would really go to order page though.
    "From hence only infer that an Englishman, of all men, ought not to despise foreigners as such and I think the inference is just, since what they are today, we were yesterday, and tomorrow they will be like us"
    Daniel De Foe -The True Englishman

Quote Originally Posted by quiltingshorttimer View Post
    If you are looking for modern, check out the QuiltCon mags--one per year (boohoo) showing the quilts from that years show and even some patterns. Plus I've recently bought a copy of Simply Moderne (from France)--pretty pricey so won't be getting it often--but a real treat. I do realize that online stuff is overwhelming print mags, but I really wish there was a long arm magazine. I cringe at the price of the mags in the stores, but when you think that there's maybe 2-3 quilts in each mag that you 'Might" make and the cost of patterns purchased separately are about $10/each, magazines aren't that costly when you subscribe..
    While Simply Moderne may be expense, there are ten patterns in each issue. Also worth checking out is Make Modern magazine from Australia https://www.makemodern.com.au/ .

Quote Originally Posted by lyric girl View Post
    While Simply Moderne may be expense, there are ten patterns in each issue. Also worth checking out is Make Modern magazine from Australia https://www.makemodern.com.au/ .
    Ive been sitting on the fence on subscribing to Make Modern. Have you subscribed too it? Curious on your thoughts about content.

I would have told them to give me a refund instead of taking a mag I didn't want. We used to purchase meat from Zaycon Fresh and when they closed they made off with lots of peoples money. My hub and I walked down the magazine/book aisle at Walmart this past weekend and I commented on how few books they have now. The last time I read a paper book was on our trip to Hawaii in December 2014. It is just to easy and much cheaper also to read books on the Kindle app on my cell. Walmart only had about 3 quilt mags on the shelf. I picked up one and it was $10. I commented that it's ridiculous to pay that much when there is so much info on the internet. Lots free or you can pay for individual things that interest you instead of buying a mag which is over half ads most of the time.

Quiltmaker is my favorite quilting magazine. If you don't want to take a substitute, you can always ask them for a refund for any unsent issues.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2