Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
MSQC/Martinelli mat? >

MSQC/Martinelli mat?

MSQC/Martinelli mat?

Old 01-28-2017, 10:32 AM

I also got mine when they did their 50% off almost everything sale. Mine was complete. Turntable, cutting mat, ironing pad. I love it. It is not super convenient to take to classes though
My sis got hers at a quilt show from the Martelli booth. When you attend events they do, you can get some great deals!!!
Old 01-28-2017, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Three Dog Night View Post
Read the description at Walmart carefully. The price for the mat does not include the turntable base, the base is an additional cost of $28.00, so the cost is about the same.
Thank you for the heads up! Lesson learned - MUST READ THE "read more here".
Old 01-28-2017, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by peaceandjoy View Post
I have the Martelli turn table and LOVE it. Tried the green square ones, those were complete duds. Martelli does a red line sale every month where one item from their catalog will be deeply discounted; that is where I got mine. A couple of times a year, the sale is good for anything in their catalog. Their mats are fantastic. Pricey, but so much nicer than the Olfas. It's hard to describe, they feel almost padded when cutting. They can be bent, don't break in the cold (DH dropped a large green one that had been in the car and it cracked) and can be ironed on. I've tried it - it's true.
I agree. I have the turntable and like it alot. Definitely get it on the redline sale. You can register on their website and they will send you a notice of the next redline sale.
Old 01-28-2017, 04:42 PM
Power Poster

I have this one. The turntable is by Elna and the mat is replaceable with any mat that size. I love it. It doesn't tip even when I cut on the end. I think it is the only one in the universe. I can't find it anywhere. I bought it years ago at Hancock's Fabrics. The guild members I were with thought it was too expensive and poohed poohed it. I knew it was a winner.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]566960[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]566961[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]566962[/ATTACH]
I have sense changed mats from when this picture was taken. That is the original mat that lasted for years.
Attached Thumbnails img_1021.jpg   img_1022.jpg   img_1023.jpg  
Old 01-28-2017, 08:07 PM

I will check into this, sounds like a great tool and one I would love to have
Old 01-28-2017, 08:38 PM

I have the Martelli with an ironing pad. Purchased during 1 of the 1/2 off sales & love it. Well worth what I paid. Sign up for the Redline Direct sales. You get an email about 1 wk before & then the day before the sale. They don't pester you with emails. Really like the company & products.
Old 01-29-2017, 04:46 AM

I've had the Martelli round mat and ironing surface for years and have always loved using it..the quality is evident and yes, it was pricey but it's the only one I'll ever have to buy..I also bought a small fiskars rotating mat to use when i'm sitting at my machine and it's clear that it's a cheap bit of work and won't last long. I've loved every Martelli product I've purchased!
Old 01-29-2017, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
Just watched the new tute, "kindred pinwheels" and Jenny was using a rotating mat by Martinelli. It looked sturdy. I have all the sizes from whomever makes those square rotating ones, and really am not always happy with their performance....So, I thought I'd look into this. Well, did a search, and Walmart carried, but has to be ordered and delivered to store/home for $27.11. At Martinelli website price is $49.99 +s&h.....I think I know where I'm going to order one from! BTW! Anyone here have, do you like?
I have the large round one and use it all the time and love it. I have had it several years. It is quite large though. I wish they had one that was about 12 inches too.
Old 01-29-2017, 06:27 AM

I have the yellow rotating mat and the Olfa green one. I am not happy with either one. While the Olfa one is better it still comes apart. I have looked at the Martelli one several times. Maybe next time they have a sale I will buy one.
Old 01-29-2017, 06:32 AM

Just reading the posts today....I am really surprised and disappointed. I thought I had found the treasure of the day. Not having seen these personally, I had NO idea it came in two parts. I guess my first question is why...who wants just a round mat or just a turntable for that round mat? Well, I'll wait for the "bargain" to come, I'll pick it up and take to service desk and return.......
thanks for the heads up! Must read the "read more" ...buyer beware!