Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
MSQC/Martinelli mat? >

MSQC/Martinelli mat?

MSQC/Martinelli mat?

Old 02-02-2017, 07:57 AM

Default Update on purchase

Well, I picked up my martelli turntable & mat from WM last nite, tried it today and it is totally much better than the square ones I have....no slippage, snug hug..and the price was certainly better! I must remember to check out WM more often.......
Old 02-02-2017, 09:29 AM

Default Martinelli cutting mat

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
Just watched the new tute, "kindred pinwheels" and Jenny was using a rotating mat by Martinelli. It looked sturdy. I have all the sizes from whomever makes those square rotating ones, and really am not always happy with their performance....So, I thought I'd look into this. Well, did a search, and Walmart carried, but has to be ordered and delivered to store/home for $27.11. At Martinelli website price is $49.99 +s&h.....I think I know where I'm going to order one from! BTW! Anyone here have, do you like?
I have a couple square turn table mats, but I don't care for them. Then I got Martinelli round cutting mat, what a wonderful way to go. I use it all the time to cut small pieces and to trim as I piece a quilt. It's a lot more costly, but well worth the price. I will say, the larger turn table mats can be handy on larger cuttings, but you do have to be careful or they can move.
Old 02-02-2017, 11:56 AM

I really think the 16" circle that I purchased for the turntable islarge enough....anything larger would be way to cumbersome. Jmho
Old 02-02-2017, 02:39 PM

My quilt partner has the Martelli rotating mat and has the same problem with the mat being unsteady whenever she goes to cut. I've used her mat and I, personally, do not like how it moves while cutting. I think it just takes some getting used to and very slow cutting.

I have the green Olfa square rotating mat and have never had an issue with it being unstable. That is the mat I take with me whenever we have sew days at our quilt club. I've had this rotating mat for 3 years now.

Originally Posted by luana View Post
I watched this same video and several times I thought the mat appeared unsteady. It started to turn just as she started her cut. I think it would be tricky to cut on a moving mat. I am anxious to hear how you like yours.