Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
MSQC's daily deal today >

MSQC's daily deal today

MSQC's daily deal today

Old 12-10-2014, 01:55 PM

Cool MSQC's daily deal today

Did you see it? It's the whole kit for the Mini Wacky Web Starter Kit for FREE! Was getting ready to leave for the dentist when I saw this and went online to get it quickly. It's for the Periwinkle quilt....small size! Will have to go back and read more about it to see what size the quilt would be! Figured if it was free I couldn't go wrong!
http://land.missouriquiltco.com/12-days-of-christmas/

Got the Fall Block digital and an apple core template for my DIL....have already spent too much on fabric so didn't get more....having to leave for the dentist helped limit me!
Old 12-10-2014, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Pollytink View Post
Did you see it? It's the whole kit for the Mini Wacky Web Starter Kit for FREE! Was getting ready to leave for the dentist when I saw this and went online to get it quickly. It's for the Periwinkle quilt....small size! Will have to go back and read more about it to see what size the quilt would be! Figured if it was free I couldn't go wrong!
http://land.missouriquiltco.com/12-days-of-christmas/

Got the Fall Block digital and an apple core template for my DIL....have already spent too much on fabric so didn't get more....having to leave for the dentist helped limit me!
Hope you won't be disappointed to learn you get those items free "if" you place an order for $50 or more.
Old 12-10-2014, 04:46 PM

It's not the whole kit...just the template printed pattern and a tote. The paper foundation would have to be purchased separately......
Old 12-10-2014, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams View Post
Hope you won't be disappointed to learn you get those items free "if" you place an order for $50 or more.
Well, with my quilting points helping I spent $10 and I've blown enough more elsewhere that I couldn't go to $50!
Old 12-10-2014, 05:27 PM

Default MSQC's daily deal today

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
It's not the whole kit...just the template printed pattern and a tote. The paper foundation would have to be purchased separately......
I know....have been looking at the Winter '14 BLOCK (oops--hit send too soon) at the directions and at the Quilting Quickly issue that had the large periwinkle in it which gave instructions on making your own paper foundations. Have some questions about this quilt but will post separately.

Last edited by Pollytink; 12-10-2014 at 05:29 PM. Reason: hit send too soon!
Old 12-10-2014, 05:36 PM
Power Poster

I was getting all excited on what I missed out on. I thought you meant fabric too. just the small ruler. plus you need to spend $50 or more.
Old 12-10-2014, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
I was getting all excited on what I missed out on. I thought you meant fabric too. just the small ruler. plus you need to spend $50 or more.
Not to get the free pkg as the daily deal-it's free, no other purchase needed. Using the quilting points I had it ended up basically free shipping.
Old 12-10-2014, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
I've done some searching in the archives and found several discussions on making your own templates and the paper piecing patterns inexpensively.
Old 12-11-2014, 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by Pollytink View Post
I've done some searching in the archives and found several discussions on making your own templates and the paper piecing patterns inexpensively.
You are correct...it is a traditional pattern, I actually have an antique quilt with that pattern. It is called arkansas star, I believe.....I have the pattern for it using a paper piecing pattern one can print from the printer.......

..and yes, when the first periwinkle from MSQC was demoed with their foundation paper...the points would be cut off....ask me how I know that...I had to redo to keep those points....then the directions in the book, I believe, were changed to give that extra 1/4" and save those points.....

Sizzix also offered a die for this "kite" shape....can be used with MSQC papers.......
Old 12-11-2014, 09:21 AM

There are actually 2 sizes of the die: MSQC sells the larger one and Sizzix has both sizes on their website. The daily deal was: "Today’s daily deal, a Periwinkle Starter Kit, is basically a stocking-stuffer-smorgasbord including the pattern for a Periwinkle Quilt, a Mini Wacky Web Template, and a cute and handy purple MSQC Tote." The papers and the lapel stick were the bonuses for the $50 requirement.

It looks like a fun pattern. I can't wait to get mine.