Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Neat gadget found while sleuthing on Quilting is Murder.com >

Neat gadget found while sleuthing on Quilting is Murder.com

Neat gadget found while sleuthing on Quilting is Murder.com

Old 01-24-2011, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by nellie
wouldn,t be better or cheaper to buy a nerf ball and just cut in half instead, might get a better grip then those flat one she selling ,i guess i buy a ball and give it a try what do i have to lose right
Exactly, because I would guess they cost maybe a nickel each to produce and that is on the high side. I will not say what I paid for them because I'm still kicking myself.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:31 PM

Great idea, I had never heard of
Old 01-24-2011, 05:46 PM

gee Betty don,t kick your self, you just gave me a good idea i will see if my grand kids have of these balls and cut one up lol,after awhile they go in the trash anyway ,thanks for the info of what there are made from, and a ball has better hand grip because it round and higher right,next time i quilt on my sewing machine i,ll be useing this idea ,now im on the hunt for one lol
Old 01-24-2011, 05:49 PM

I went in to place an order and they posted a $1 to ship out!!Hope that was correct!!
Old 01-24-2011, 05:51 PM

You can also use small pieces of non-slip shelf liner between your hands and the fabric. It's the same concept as the batt scooters, but only $1 for a whole roll of the stuff.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:34 PM

It looks like hard rubber.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by amazon
It's kind of like the shop hop, only it's a murder mystery. Anyhoo, I found a really neat item on Shiisaquilts.com called Batt Scooters http://shop.shiisaquilts.com/store/p...dproduct=10873 Very nice demo on youtube also.
Anyone have these yet or have you seen/tried a demo? :-D
You can also use clean (new) sponges that are somewhat soft (and save yourself $15). I tried this using cheap foam-type rubber stamps from a big box store. They work okay but I am a devoted "glove gal!"
Old 01-24-2011, 06:57 PM

I just tried Mr Clean Magic Eraser and it seemed to work. I did not get big time into it, just tried enough to see if would grab fabric and move easily and it did.

I agree, don't kick yourself. If no-one had gave us the heads up here I would have probably bought! I am going to try the nerf balls too.

Originally Posted by BettyGee
Originally Posted by nellie
wouldn,t be better or cheaper to buy a nerf ball and just cut in half instead, might get a better grip then those flat one she selling ,i guess i buy a ball and give it a try what do i have to lose right
Exactly, because I would guess they cost maybe a nickel each to produce and that is on the high side. I will not say what I paid for them because I'm still kicking myself.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:15 PM

British quilter P.Naylor uses the small matts that are put under bowls and glasses to stop them from slipping. The batts look like an extension of that idea. It beats taking off gloves all of the time and easier than trying to find those finger things that fall off or never fit.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:15 PM

looks like the things you can buy at the dollar store for opening up jars.