Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
New BOM 2011 "Fiesta" >

New BOM 2011 "Fiesta"

New BOM 2011 "Fiesta"

Old 12-29-2010, 06:18 AM

Sound great. More and more getting into it. Will probably post a link it pictures.

Sure hope my camera keeps going. LOL... Decided to give my problems this last weekend. Now I have to bump it on something everytime I take a picture. It is like the shutter gets stuck. And it would be fun to post pictures as we do the BOM. This is going to make a beautiful quilt.

What colors is everyone thinking of doing?

Originally Posted by Dandish
I'm in! This is gorgeous. Thanks so much for bringing it to my attention. Hope I can keep up - I'm thinking of doing it needle-turn, we'll see. I'm going shopping for the fabrics this weekend.
Old 12-29-2010, 06:36 AM

I'm not nailed down on the colors yet. The black is definitely gorgeous, but I'm thinking I really like the brownish colorway, maybe using "desert" colors. I'll probably not make a final decision until I get to the fabric shop, going to think on it for a couple days. I don't want to wish I had chosen something different for this big of a project. Lots of work in this one!

Originally Posted by DonnaRae
Sound great. More and more getting into it. Will probably post a link it pictures.

Sure hope my camera keeps going. LOL... Decided to give my problems this last weekend. Now I have to bump it on something everytime I take a picture. It is like the shutter gets stuck. And it would be fun to post pictures as we do the BOM. This is going to make a beautiful quilt.

What colors is everyone thinking of doing?

I'm in! This is gorgeous. Thanks so much for bringing it to my attention. Hope I can keep up - I'm thinking of doing it needle-turn, we'll see. I'm going shopping for the fabrics this weekend.
Old 12-29-2010, 08:35 AM
Power Poster

Uhhh, no, I'm not in. Way too many other projects that need to get done.
Beautiful though!
Old 12-29-2010, 12:04 PM

I'm still in, but I'm not going to do it needle turn. There's just too much and I have several other projects already slated. I can't wait to go shopping for the fabrics!
Old 12-29-2010, 02:16 PM

I am not doing needle turn either. I am going to do the Pellon and machine sew. Much easier. There is a lot of work for needle turn but I will have to say either way will be beautiful!

I'm still in, but I'm not going to do it needle turn. There's just too much and I have several other projects already slated. I can't wait to go shopping for the fabrics!
Old 12-29-2010, 06:09 PM

I've had my eye on this one for some time now. I just love it!! I'm not sure of the colors yet, but I just had a thought of making it for Christmas 2011 in reds, greens, golds, etc. Whatcha think of that? :? Then again...........I sure do like that black one! :roll: The colors really pop!! OMGoodness!!!! How will I ever decide???!!! :shock:
Old 12-30-2010, 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by pab58
I've had my eye on this one for some time now. I just love it!! I'm not sure of the colors yet, but I just had a thought of making it for Christmas 2011 in reds, greens, golds, etc. Whatcha think of that? :? Then again...........I sure do like that black one! :roll: The colors really pop!! OMGoodness!!!! How will I ever decide???!!! :shock:
<waving hello to my "neighbor" in Redford>

It IS a hard decision, and I'm not going to make it final until I stroll through several isles of fabric. ;)

I think a Christmas one like you describe would be stunning!
Old 12-30-2010, 07:54 AM

Close to the same colors I am going to use but not christmas. I think christmas would be just amazing! Eye Popping!

Originally Posted by pab58
Old 12-30-2010, 08:10 AM

Thanks for the notice on this. It's really stunning. I'm not good enough to do it by machine, but may give it a try by hand. Needle-turned takes a long time but I really enjoy it. I think I'll download it each month, but am not sure about keeping up with the timeline. It looks fun to try though.
Old 12-30-2010, 10:18 PM

I'd love to try this one too. I really like the black one and I have lots of black fabric already. I would like it if we could set up something so that there is a reminder every month when the new pattern is posted. The old brain sometimes doesn't remember all that it should! LOL