Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
New Flying Geese Method >

New Flying Geese Method

New Flying Geese Method

Old 05-16-2012, 03:14 AM
Power Poster

Thank You for reminding me I have that ruler around here someplace. Never think to use it. Going on a treasure hunt to find it. I like Pam Bono and I also agree not everyone knows everything.
Old 05-16-2012, 03:35 AM

http://www.patchpieces.com/files/flyinggeese.pdf
http://thelastpiece.typepad.com/the_...utorial-1.html
Above are two methods...no waste flying geese...I use this method all the time...don't cut of those corners. Love doing the 3-d as well with folded edges. Elearnor Burns also has her way. To each their own and the above are mine
Old 05-16-2012, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by NaomiTX View Post
I'm with you, Latrinka. I wanted to make a comment about Ms. Jaciqltznok, but I figured I might get removed from the Quilting Board. ;0)
Me, too. I refer making POSITIVE comments. I've been quilting for many years, and I have the Angler 1. But I didn't know about the Angler 2, so this is new to me! Glad to know about it!

Last edited by JoanneS; 05-16-2012 at 08:50 AM.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:57 AM

Thanks, it looks like an easy way to make a lot of flying geese and the tool looks easy to use.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Julie in NM View Post
Above are two methods...no waste flying geese...I use this method all the time...don't cut of those corners. Love doing the 3-d as well with folded edges. Elearnor Burns also has her way. To each their own and the above are mine
I too prefer the method from patchpieces.com. Tried the Easy Angler II and as I mentioned in a previous post about it, they both are sitting in a drawer. Won't give the 2nd one as a gift to my sister as planned. One item I purchased that goes with patchpieces.com instructions is a 'quick quarter ruler'. Lay the ruler from one corner to the other, and draw a line on both sides of the outside of the ruler, end to end. I then sew on those lines. Then I cut directly down the center from corner to corner. Add the remaining square and repeat drawing the lines, sewing, and cutting down the center. Press the seams and then press open. Perfect every time.
Never hurts to proof read and always question if it is negative or not. I just log off when people get too direct.
Old 05-16-2012, 05:49 PM

It is new to me. I have never tried flying geese before (been to scared) but will try it now. Ane jaciqltznok, I want to thank you or letting me know that it is an easy angler that she is using on the machine, cause I had no idea.
Old 05-16-2012, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Julie in NM View Post
These look easy too. Thanks. My sister lives in LaPlatte NM, you anywhere close to there????
Old 05-16-2012, 07:12 PM

Interesting. I haven't seen it before, but personally I like the Quilt In A Day flying geese ruler. There's virtually no waste, and it's fun to see how the geese come together almost like magic. It makes four identical geese at a time.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:49 PM

I LOVE this method. It gets the seams out of the way. You wouldn't think it would make that much difference by looking at it..but it does. =)

The reason I love quilting is because there are so many different ways to make it work. I've tried many different flying geese methods. Each of them work perfectly. It just depends on what your comfortable with. I figure than every technique I try just makes me a better quilter in the end because I learn something from it all. Practice with a Purpose.

Last edited by RkayD; 05-16-2012 at 07:55 PM.
Old 06-09-2012, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok View Post
that is SO not new...Pam Bono has been doing that for many years..and the Easy Angler II has been around just as long! She is using the blue tape to hold the EA in place!
Well, it was new to me, so thought I'd share with others who might not have seen it before.

Yes, you're right, looking at Pam Bono's 2009 youtube video after Googling her name...whoever Pam Bono is. And yes, the Easy Angler II has been around a long time, too! In fact, I've had one in my craft drawer for so long I can't remember WHEN I purchased it! lol I guess I haven't been quilting as long as you, so just didn't know as much as you do about it. Thanks for updating me!