Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   2013 Bonnie Hunter Mystery Celtic Solstice (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/2013-bonnie-hunter-mystery-celtic-solstice-t233227.html)

Pagzz 10-26-2013 03:16 PM

Lauralync, I love your colors. but I also love Peace and Joy's. Decisions... I maybe go different than Bonnie's colors because I have a lot of purple I would like to use up.

Peckish 10-26-2013 04:40 PM

Ooooh, those autumn colors are gorgeous too! Dang nabbit. I'm getting sucked in by all your fabric tractor beams.

candi 10-26-2013 05:19 PM

I too cannot wait for November 29th! Even though I have a ton to do between now and then lol.
The colors for this year's mystery are my favorites! But I think I am going to make it in a different colorway because every quilt I made this year was yellow, orange and blue or yellow, orange and green lol, well, almost every quilt. Feeling the desire to work with red. I am in the process of reorganizing my sewing room, as I am putting things back, I will be seeing what in my stash needs reduction and go from there:)

Lisa, the rulers are not a must as she gives directions for other ways but I bought them for last year's mystery and have been loving using them since then. I find I get much better accuracy with them than the short cut methods but I am not a every experienced piecer and I do like that I can use smaller fabric pieces with these rulers. And 2.5' strips are a size she uses but since this is a mystery, there is no telling what sizes will be used. But we have used them in the past in her mysteries I believe.

Loving fabric selections posted so far.

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 10-26-2013 07:14 PM

Thanks for the info! If 2.5 inch squares end up being usable, I'll not have to worry about my neutrals.

wolf3349 10-26-2013 08:32 PM

I.m doing Bonnies Mystery also. I got 3 others in our sewing group to join in on it too.
Just waiting to get her first installment--Yahooooooo. I love her quilts. Even did up Lazy Sunday, in Quiltmaker magazine.

JeanieG 10-26-2013 10:23 PM

I'm in on this mystery too! I've done her last three! Roll, Roll, Cotton Boll is on my bed right now, and I'm in the process of quilting Orca Bay. Easy Street is finished and still in a box, but next on my quilting agenda. I "think" I'm going with Bonnie's colors too.

Lauralyn - I cannot believe how beautifully your fabric matches those paint chips! WOW!!!

Peaceandjoy - I love your autumn colors too.

Ladies those are going to be beautiful quilts.

Veronica 10-27-2013 03:21 AM

I think this is going to be a beautiful quilt, the colors are great. I told myself, "finish you old projects first".
Who knows if I'll listen. lol

laurlync 10-27-2013 03:52 AM

Peaceandjoy, I love your colors!!

I'm generally not a primary color type person and thought of changing all my colors but decided to just go with it. I wasn't sure about the color combination for Easy Street because they just seemed a bit too bright/wild, but once it was complete, I loved it!! Mom and I are going to the Houston Quilt Festival this week and are taking our paint chips, so our stashed may grow a little for this mystery. LOL!!

gardnergal970 10-27-2013 08:17 AM

I'm in too and was glad to see this thread started. I needed neutrals and picked up a few FQs the day she posted the chips. I'll start from here and add more if needed. Some of my fabrics aren't much more than scraps. In the meantime, I want to see how many project boxes I can empty. I'll have a drawer of flimsys and will figure out what to do with them later.

SandyWh 10-27-2013 09:10 AM

I will be doing the Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt too. Good to see there is a place here to report. The plan is to use my stash. Trying not to buy more fabric. I've kept fabric purchases to a minimum for last number of years. ..my attempt at making do. Let's see how this works out for me. ..making due I mean.
:)