Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   2013 Bonnie Hunter Mystery Celtic Solstice (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/2013-bonnie-hunter-mystery-celtic-solstice-t233227.html)

pokeyscorner 10-27-2013 11:23 AM

I love both the colorways you've posted Lauralyn & Peace & Joy. I'm going to try to stick w/ my stash this year. Last year I did use about half my fabric from stash.. Could use more pics of colorways to give me some more ideas. Don't have much of the greens & oranges left since the Easy Street Mystery. Actually I love to see all that fabric.:)

jmbaker3051 10-27-2013 12:43 PM

Jumped right in on the Easy Street mystery last year...chose different coloring as I'm a "nature" color kinda person, lol, it turned out great but was stressful because I was worried about the colors coming together right. Soooo, had decided not to do another mystery, but everyone's excitement is starting to make me reconsider...heehee. I know I could wait til the end to see what it is before starting, but for some reason I don't like the feeling of being "behind" :D

quiltingdragon 10-27-2013 02:52 PM

I am going to do this, but I am going to change the colors since I can't afford to buy a bunch of colors not in my stash - i'm thinking of calling mine Celtic Sunset and doing blue, green, pink and yellow. I may try to figure out a way to stick some purple in there, as well. I'm going to go pick up the paint cards Bonnie picked and pick the ones also in the colors I want, and go from there.

sewmany 10-27-2013 03:38 PM

I love all last 3 mysteries i done. Easy street i changed colors just to learn to stick with her color choices.

Peckish 10-27-2013 05:21 PM

Can you imagine being the guy who works the paint counter? Wondering why all of a sudden the stock of those particular paint chips is down? :D

Blue Bell 10-27-2013 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by frustratedquilter40 (Post 6369775)
I love your colors they are the colors that are usually plentiful in my stash. It will be beautiful!!!

Ditto. I have very little brights in my stash.

gardnergal970 10-29-2013 04:52 AM

Will this thread be moved to the BOM section or will there be a new thread started there? I doubt that people will look for it here.

caroloto 10-30-2013 05:20 PM

I'm joining in too, Can't wait to get started. Just not sure if I will go with all the color choices as I too want to use up my stash. Last year when I did a BOM I picked/used oranges, yellows, blues, greens and browns. So hoping I have enough left over and that will work!

Belfrybat 10-31-2013 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by gardnergal970 (Post 6374720)
Will this thread be moved to the BOM section or will there be a new thread started there? I doubt that people will look for it here.

I agree that it needs to be moved. I've been keeping an eye out for a thread in the BOM section, and only found this one because I broke down and did a search.

Belfrybat 10-31-2013 12:14 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I don't have a Lowe's close to me, so printed off the picture of the paint chips. I don't have much that really matches, but want to use 80% from my stash, so here is what I came up with. Will add to each pile to end up with 6-7 fabrics in each group. I'm going with a definite orange-red as I don't like pure orange, plus didn't have any in my stash.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]444285[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]444286[/ATTACH]