Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   Modern Patchwork Magazine Discontinued (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/modern-patchwork-magazine-discontinued-t303937.html)

crafty pat 03-31-2019 10:12 AM

I love Quilt Maker. It is one of the few I still take.

Jordan 03-31-2019 11:04 AM

Sorry this happened to you. I used to get the Quiltmaker magazine and enjoyed it very much so hope you like it too. I just quit most of my subscription because anything I want is on the internet.

stichinluvr 03-31-2019 04:39 PM

I Love Quiltmaker magazine!

Originally Posted by Kwiltr (Post 8233454)
I finally took the plunge to subscribe to this magazine last fall at the NW Quilt Expo in Portland. I received one issue for November/December and as it is a 6/year subscription was wondering why I hadn’t had another one since. I contacted the publisher to ask, and was advised it had been discontinued. I bought a 2 year subscription. So they have switched my subscription to Quiltmaker, which they also publish. I’m pretty disappointed and I can’t say if I’ve ever seen a Quiltmaker magazine, but it’s better than nothing I guess. Just thought I’d mention this in case there is anyone else wondering where their Modern Patchwork magazine is :rolleyes: .

mjkgquilt 03-31-2019 07:32 PM

I subscribed to Quilter's Newsletter Magazine and Quiltmaker for many years. Did not renew because I'm too old and will die before I make all of the quilts I want to make. Still have all of the issues of both magazines.

SusieQOH 04-01-2019 03:33 AM

I haven't subscribed to any quilt mags for years but it seems to me that if they go under you should get your money back for unsent issues?

Sheri.a 04-01-2019 05:20 PM

I have just been sent Quiltmaker which is radically different from Modern Patchwork. I do both traditional and modern quilt work and like to see both sides. I'm sad Modern Patchwork didn't make it.

MakaySews 04-01-2019 06:23 PM

Consider yourself lucky Kwilter. About 6 years ago I subscribed to Quilt-It Magazine and Sew-it Magazine. After receiving one issue the company closed and I had just paid for a year for both magazines. No letter or refund or replacement magazine were offered and calls to them were not returned.

quiltingshorttimer 04-01-2019 10:13 PM

I had only recently started my Modern Patchwork subscription--got 2 issues I think. Already was taking Quiltmaker (I particularly like that they give detailed ideas on quilting, include EQ8 ways you can change up many of the patterns and also usually have at least one that they give directions on using Accuquilt too) so when they dropped MP, I got the Quiltmaker extended--so if it makes it I'll be getting it forever almost.
But I was disappointed as I'd recently dropped my McCalls, and was wanting a more modern quilt mag--now I'm getting American Patchwork (price just too darn low on an offer); Quiltmaker and Today's Quilting (one from the UK)
Wish there was a good modern one and a good machine quilting one,too.

nativetexan 04-02-2019 11:18 AM

I sent in money for a sub to Quiltmaker. Still no magazine! they did send me a notice that they got my money.....

nativetexan 04-02-2019 02:08 PM

Ha. got the magazine today.