Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   MSQC second magazine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/msqc-second-magazine-t245583.html)

misseva 04-24-2014 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by EmiliasNana (Post 6689106)
I got mine yesterday (4-23-14), but seemed to be at the end of the mailing list on the first issue. It is every bit as good as the first. Enjoy it when it comes........and it will eventually. Someone told me it may be sitting at the Post Office until they have room to deliver it, which is frustrating.

I think I read that here on the board too.

MissJMac 04-24-2014 08:00 AM

most subscriptions require 4- 6- wks before the first issue is received(something about verification, setting up data bases, mailing lists ,etc). After initial delivery, you should have no problems (I hope).

TeresaA 04-24-2014 09:55 AM

I think it's a poor business model to charge the customer every time the mag ships. It would be in their best interests to go to a yearly model, because as it is, I'm not sure that the original poster is the only one who thinks, "gee, they charged my account two weeks ago, why hasn't my mag shipped." This is not something they want their customers to think 6 times a year.

And I think it's an understandable for the OP to be a little perturbed. And the justifications? To order a magazine subscription even with the old model and have to wait EIGHT weeks to get an issue is really poor in the digital age and shouldn't be used to justify practices now. I could see it when they had to type each label on a typewriter or something, but there's no excuse today.

misseva 04-24-2014 10:05 AM

They do have a choice to be billed bi-monthly or yearly. All you have to do is go in and change your preferences.

Suzie Busch 04-24-2014 12:34 PM

Just to let all of you know, I got my copy today. As usual it's very nice.

matraina 04-24-2014 01:09 PM

I just got mine yesterday but haven't had much time to go through it yet.

dancinlady 04-24-2014 02:04 PM

Has anyone had any issues with anything ever purchased from them? I haven't. I trust them, I can' wait for mine to come, and yes I was charged already, but that just let me know I have something wonderful coming! I took the first issue into work and share it with my quilting ladies, and they all sent in for subscriptions! that was six more sold for them! I enjoyed my trip out to the shop in January 2013 when I had to go to MO for some meetings I went a day early just so I could driver the hour and half to go to the shop and meet Jenny and the "crew" well worth the trip!!

suern3 04-24-2014 02:53 PM

My thoughts exactly.

Originally Posted by Homemother (Post 6686994)
When I start a magazine subscription I pay at least one full year then have to wait at least 6 weeks before the first magazine arrives, sometimes it is 8 weeks. Please be patient with MSQC, especially since this is their first year with the magazine. I appreciate their family run business and the boost to their local economy because of their efforts.

sewingsuz 04-24-2014 04:55 PM

Good thought!

Originally Posted by Onebyone (Post 6686539)
You pay a subscription elsewhere a year in advance so why would it be a problem paying a few weeks in advance?

sewingsuz 04-24-2014 05:01 PM

You cannot make any interest now days on the $5.99. It seems I read on their site they charge us and then send the block to the printer. I love this magazine. I will wait patiently.