Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   New year Mystery Quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/new-year-mystery-quilt-t3712.html)

Yvonne 12-30-2007 09:17 AM

I'm almost ready! Got my strips all cut only need to make squares out of a few more. We're gonna have some fun on New Year's Day! I can hardly wait to see all the different ways the same directions turn us. :lol:

ShellyQ 12-31-2007 02:58 PM

Hi, have got my act together and got my fabrics sorted. I am doing a scrap one, cause I don't have 2 yards of anything lol. The strips right across the width are a bit of a problem, am gonna cut 21" strips (width of fat quarter) I spect they will be used in strip piecing but if I have to join em, so be it, where there's a will and all that :P .

Am really looking forward to seeing everyones interpretation. Yvonne, you and Connie inspired me to have a go in chat yesterday. I feel so much betta now I'm doing something, thanks so much for that :D . You said Marcella is doing it too, Should be alot of fun. Sara: I'm not sure how well their chat is gonna work for me cause when I tested it as reccommended my putter wasn't very happy, but I will be there even if you can't see me lol :lol: I will be starting at 4 in the morning, just think of that lol :shock: . so it's early bed tonight.

Are we going to put them all in the same thread? I think that would be a nice idea, Can't wait to see everyones tops

Yvonne 12-31-2007 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by ShellyQ
I feel so much betta now I'm doing something,

Are we going to put them all in the same thread? I think that would be a nice idea, Can't wait to see everyones tops

Shelly, Marcella and I were just saying how enthusiasticly we are looking forward to this project tomorrow. We needed something new and a new experience (never have done a mystery before) so it's a good way to spend a New Years Day!
4 A.M.!!!!!!!!??? I was complaining about 7 A.M. Guess I'll keep my mouth shut now!!!

I agree that we should post our pics together. It's fun to see how they are the same and can turn out so very different. If you're using your scraps I am betting it's going to be a beautiful bright and cheery quilt! Connie has given us a preview of her quilt. It's going to be a beauty!

'til tomorrow, Ladies!

Feathers 12-31-2007 05:20 PM

Hi Guys:
Just got home from the beach and am about ready to dig in my stash and get ready for our 7 am Mystery Quilt group. This is going to be fun! See you all there.
Feathers

ShellyQ 01-01-2008 07:22 AM

Morning all. I'm here folks, 4.21 am :roll: , can't get into their chat but I am here :lol: , oh well betta get a move on and get this quilt underway, off to the sewing machine

Yvonne 01-01-2008 08:09 AM

I'm already behind! I had to unsew two seams since I picked the wrong light fabric piece. :( Off to try and catch up. I need sleep! Shelly, how are you doing?

ShellyQ 01-01-2008 08:30 AM

Need sleep too lol, sewing, so far so good but we betta not speak too soon lol. Me behind too.

ceannastahr 01-01-2008 11:16 AM

on the first page click join chat I'm almost finished with 4 and now they post part 6 oh well I'll keep trudging along I'm signed in as ceannastahr

ShellyQ 01-01-2008 11:40 AM

Thanks Connie :D , I know where to go but my puter just won't let me do it, nevermind. Hey I just finished part 4 too :lol: . Now am one whole step behind lol, I'm gradually falling back as the day progresses :lol: , having fun tho, I hope Y'all are too

Yvonne 01-01-2008 12:02 PM

I just finished part 4 also. I'm having a peanut butter sandwich for energy now. Then back at it.
Connie, who has time to chat? :lol:
How many parts are there. How far behind am I going to get before the day's over. It's time for part 7 for heaven sakes! :shock: