Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   New year Mystery Quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/new-year-mystery-quilt-t3712.html)

ceannastahr 01-01-2008 01:08 PM

part 7 is it. I had to stop because of dad I'll try and finish more later. I printed out all the instructions in case i don't get right back to it

Marcella 01-01-2008 01:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Still workin' on step 4... all those half-square triangles!!! Yvonne points out that we can't get any further behind now that step 8, the final chapter, has been posted!

the farthest behind is now...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]5140[/ATTACH]

Feathers 01-01-2008 02:25 PM

Hi Quilter Friends: Happy New Years!!!!
I've been on the quilt chat for the Mystery Quilt since very early, too. I'm wayyyyyyyyyyyyy behind but plan to catch up by tonight! I was on the board chat as Awful Lucky.

Keep sewing and don't forget to share your pictures.
Feathers

Feathers 01-01-2008 02:26 PM

Thanks for sharing your picture, Marcella. I'll share as soon as I have something to show. I'm way behind.

Feathers

ceannastahr 01-01-2008 03:40 PM

gee feathers I didn't realize that was you. I'm behind again I got the half squares sewn together then realized that about half were sewn right to wrong side this quilt in a day project may become quilt in a month lol

But I am enjoying it.

Yvonne 01-01-2008 03:49 PM

I quit! for today! My back has said "Enough!" So it shall be. I have my half squares done. Connie, I feel your pain with ripping. I started out this morning sewing the wrong two pieces together and ripped it all out only to sew it all back in the next step. Grrr!

I'm building the pseudo 9-patches. I did manage to put ONE block together. It doesn't look like much all alone but I'm hopeful that a gaggle of them together will make them look wonderful. I've sewn more today than I usually sew in a whole week!

"Tomorrow is another day!"
You all keep on having some fun now. I'll be thinking about you!

Feathers 01-01-2008 04:22 PM

Ceanna: I couldn't get on as Feathers so I changed the name to see if that would work. I got an error message that my name was already used and that I didn't have enough letters in the password. Poop, I took the easy way out.

Yvonne, I hope your back gets to feeling better. It's been a long day and I feel it too, a little bit.

Happy New Year

Feathers

Marcella 01-01-2008 05:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I bet we all will sleep well tonight! :? zzzzzzzzzz!

It was exhausting, but fun. And a bit of a surprise. One did suspect half-square triangles were on the menu, of course, but one couldn't be sure... anyhow, I jumped ahead and made one block too. Just to see.

ceannastahr 01-01-2008 06:07 PM

looks great

Feathers 01-01-2008 06:34 PM

Good Job, Marcella. I have some blocks made, also. Not as pretty as yours but then I always like our red, white and blue in anything.

Thanks for sharing,
Feathers