Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   Pot Holders in Minutes!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/pot-holders-minutes-t59918.html)

deirdre ann 08-23-2010 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by Kaye-Kaye
I am internet impaired as I only have dial up available and cannot watch videos. Does anyone know of written directions for these?

Heya Kaye-Kaye, Im not good with the computer but I could write down what she says & post it for you? Would that help?

deirdre ann 08-23-2010 01:48 AM

For Kaye-Kaye & Tigger,
Take a 10" square, place face down ( you wont see this piece on finished project), then place your heat resistant square on top, then another 10" square ( everyone will see this square). Fold The remaining 4 X 10" sq's in half & iron them flat. Layer them, placing finished edge to the centre, raw edges to the outside.. Use plenty of pins as there are 7 layers & they could slip under the machine. Check back of fabric is all the way to the edge. Clip corners, trim excess bulk.
Turn inside out, use blunt tool to help. And....VOILÉ!!!!

mayday 08-23-2010 09:02 AM

this is amazing -thanks.

sunrise450 08-23-2010 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by deirdre ann
For Kaye-Kaye & Tigger,
Take a 10" square, place face down ( you wont see this piece on finished project), then place your heat resistant square on top, then another 10" square ( everyone will see this square). Fold The remaining 4 X 10" sq's in half & iron them flat. Layer them, placing finished edge to the centre, raw edges to the outside.. Use plenty of pins as there are 7 layers & they could slip under the machine. Check back of fabric is all the way to the edge. Clip corners, trim excess bulk.

Those are really good instructions! It is hard for me to put directions down like this and I hate to use the ink for all the pictures so I copied your instruction. Really appreciate this, Thank you!
Phyllis

deirdre ann 08-23-2010 12:28 PM

Gosh, you're more than welcome, Phyllis. I hope its ok!!

Joeysnana 08-23-2010 03:34 PM

After watching this video and reading comments here I made some coasters using this method to go with a table runner and placemats I made for my sister. I used charm squares and it went lickity split!

luvin quilting 08-23-2010 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by BarbZ

Originally Posted by luvin quilting
Can anyone explain how I would put in a tab to hang up the potholder?

I would just put one of the white plastic rings on and hang them that way.

Great idea. Thanks.

Kaye-Kaye 08-23-2010 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by deirdre ann
For Kaye-Kaye & Tigger,

Thanks Deirdre Ann. Great instructions. I appreciate you taking the time to do this for us poor slow internet folks.

deirdre ann 08-24-2010 04:29 AM

Heya kaye, I read your msg wrong & thought you were 'hearing' impaired!!lol! I didnt realise you couldnt see the video, otherwise id have put in more detail!! hope you can still use it though!

Dee 08-29-2010 11:33 AM

Great idea.