Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Quilting designs while you eat

Blog Entries

Quilting designs while you eat

Oh Look! Corelle has dinnerware with quilting designs on it! This one is called Endless Thread!
    https://www.corningware.com/product/...dinnerware-set
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Power Poster
    Well that’s cute...

Love Corelle dishes. May have to be my next set.

Gee, I have a birthday coming up next month, maybe I'll tell DH I'd like new kitchen dishes.... I like Corelle, and this is "quilty" too!
    A husband is the perfect confidant to tell your secrets to - he can't reveal them to anyone else because he wasn't really listening when you told him!

DJ
    Great find!

I love my Corelle . I bought it in the late '60s very early '70s and have used it every day since. Durable, light-weigh, perfect!

My two daughters want my vintage Corelle, not a piece of grandma's china. Cups use to come with the set then the cup design changed to odd, then none at all. I bought six of the small plates with the Prairie Garden Red pattern a few weeks ago. I had one plate break in half after a fall and it was years old. Corelle replaced it even when I said I dropped it.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

I've had Corelle for years and all we use. I have a collection of Fiesta sitting in my china cabinet, my Mother's Desert Rose collection in another cabinet and sitting up in a cabinet is a set of dishes my daughter gave me years ago. Gave my set of Christmas dishes to another daughter. And I still only use my Corelle. Interestingly, I love that new one; but just can't justify another set of dishes. Paper plates are pretty awesome too. lol

Paper plates are pretty awesome too. lol
    That is my dishware of choice too.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

I bought Corelle for my first apartment and used it for about 20 years. That was the early 80s and it was the white with gold border pattern, you'd recognize it if you saw it. Then when my son got older I started using my Pfaltzgraff Yorktowne stoneware, but I got upset with the callous way he treated it and chipped it slamming it around when putting away the dishes. Hubby didn't take proper care of it either, so I boxed it away for 10+ years. After son left the house I gave the hubby a stern warning and brought it out again and bought a hutch for it, I have gotten a lot of display and serving pieces at the thrift stores over the years.

In the last few years I've really gotten fond of those nice square Corelle casserole dishes, the ones with the blue flowers and clear lids. They are just great, work in the microwave, store well, never break, etc. Again, picked up mine from the thrift store.

And nothing wrong with paper plates, especially for those that don't want to do dishes

Edit/PS: I was picking some stuff up at the store the other day and the people ahead of me had some check-out issues, it seemed to be a developmentally disabled young man and his helper. Had plenty of time to look around and I was caught by a Bic lighter with a cross-stitch design on it of all things! LOL almost bought it just because but I don't need any lighters but I knew in my heart if it was a quilting pattern I would have gotten it.

I find a lot of the older Corelle and Corning casseroles at thrift stores too. I don't need anymore but it makes a nice gift, the casseroles shine up like new. Anyone that doesn't understand the quality of the vintage casseroles doesn't deserve to have one anyway.

I had actually packed my Corelle away for several years and brought it out again because we were going to host a large(ish) party and I had 16 place settings of the Corelle (which I bought in Italy somewhere between 1985 and 1987!!) I have 2 small plates that have small chips on the rim but the rest are like brand new. Love them!!

I also love my set of red Kitchenaid casserole dishes. A large deep one perfect for lasagne, two medium sized ones I use for meat loaf (DH is keto so I make a keto friendly one for him and a regular one for me) and two small ones that are perfect for reheating single serves. They used to run about $30C but last time I checked, the packaging is the same but they have removed one of the medium sized ones and gone up in price. Guess that's Kitchenaid's equivalent to yoghurt company's 650ml in a container that used to hold 750ml while charging the same price.
    Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down the their level and beat you with experience.

I have my Corning ware dishes from 1964. Still use them for every day. When there is company I want to use the Dishwasher, my Corning ware dishes are used. Love them.

I see the letter "L" in the dishes...wonderful as my name is Linda and I love white plates with colorful bowls and casserole dishes. I may have to find these dishes!!

Wow, that is so beautiful! I could really use a new set of Corelle. My set dates back to the early 90's... the name is "Forever Yours". It's beige with salmon-colored hearts and flowers and green leaves.

So pretty! They would even work well for Christmas.

Blog Entries
    I wouldn't mind having a set of these.
    Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind see.
    mark Twain

I like it!
    Margaret F

These are great! I could add some of these to my plain white Corelle. Thanks for the fun pics!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!