Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Roll Roll, Cotton Boll! Mystery Part 1 >

Roll Roll, Cotton Boll! Mystery Part 1

Roll Roll, Cotton Boll! Mystery Part 1

Old 12-20-2010, 08:19 PM

I will be anxious to see which colors you change and what you change them to. There are so many talented color people here. I am always in awe of how clearly they see these things <wave>
Old 12-20-2010, 08:53 PM

I think she also deserves the most organized HST's award!
Old 12-21-2010, 01:55 AM

Originally Posted by Sadiemae
600 HST (dog ears trimmed)
Ready for Christmas Eve! I really wonder what is next...
The introduction to the mystery indicated that there would be 6-8 clues in total, and we're already on 5, so it seems that Christmas Eve just might be the time when we get to start assembling some of these units. If so, I'd be willing to pull an all-nighter on Christmas Eve.

I'm doing these HSTs 24 at a time on HST paper, and it's going pretty quickly. I have 240 of them done, and should finish today. There are precise instructions on the Yahoo site for making the HST paper in EQ7.
Old 12-21-2010, 05:55 AM

I finally finished all my Christmas sewing and started on the 600 HSTs for RRCB. I have about 100 sewed and ironed. I have a deep red, med to dark blues and green as my colors. I was torn between a brown and gold for the constant and chose the gold to brighten things up. But my neutrals (the few I have left) are on the darker tan side. Do you think the Gold will work? I'm worried there isn't enough contrast between the neutrals and constant to really stand out. Should I switch to the brown for constant?

pics posted at: http://suedaurio.blogspot.com/2010/1...-constant.html
Old 12-21-2010, 07:15 AM

I think your color choice will REALLY add some elegancy (is that a word? <g>) but, I think it will be really great! <wave>
Old 12-21-2010, 07:17 AM

I may have misunderstood what you were saying.
Is the picture of the whole fabric your alternative for a constant? It has a lot of gold highlights in it that will make the quilt sparkle ... sort of like adding glitter to a piece. I think I would go with the whole piece of fabric
Old 12-21-2010, 07:21 AM

I didn't wave because I thought: If that girl took off on my first post, I have to STOP her!
sorry for the confusion, but I thought you were adding the gold (first picture) AND the second picture ... if I could only have one, I would have the second picture for a constant - - it has that glitter aspect I mentioned, and then I noticed that it also has a touch of red ...
I haven't taken into consideration if the picture shows the choices as true colors ... oh dear - - did I just make your choice harder??? Apologies in advance <wave> ;-)
Old 12-21-2010, 07:25 AM

and, then! I scrolled down further on your page to where Miss Pat had made a comment, and her point about those only being 1.5" of fabric showing ... that does change the fabric aspect. the contrast with the gold is very fine ... but, really consider what she was saying about the size of the print versus the size of the finished half of a half square triangle, and all of a sudden, a lot of the glitter disappears. <wave>
I am now going to put my typing fingers away and look forward with anticipation for your decision - - not that I was any help at all ... bummer! <wave>
Old 12-21-2010, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by s.daurio
I finally finished all my Christmas sewing and started on the 600 HSTs for RRCB. I have about 100 sewed and ironed. I have a deep red, med to dark blues and green as my colors. I was torn between a brown and gold for the constant and chose the gold to brighten things up. But my neutrals (the few I have left) are on the darker tan side. Do you think the Gold will work? I'm worried there isn't enough contrast between the neutrals and constant to really stand out. Should I switch to the brown for constant?

pics posted at: http://suedaurio.blogspot.com/2010/1...-constant.html
It would be so hard for me to give you an opinion, based on the fact I have NO IDEA what this quilt is going to look like! I don't even have any guesses at this point other than I suspect some pinwheels in our future.
Old 12-21-2010, 09:00 AM

So, I finally finished part 4. I still have 26 strip squares to go and all of part 5! Heading down to N. Carolina for Christmas so by Friday I'll be really far behind. I also chose gold/yellow for my constant. I can't wait to start putting the pieces together!