Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Row By Row Experience 2016 >

Row By Row Experience 2016

Row By Row Experience 2016

Old 06-01-2016, 08:31 AM

Default Row By Row Experience 2016

How many of you are going to hit the road soon for this year's Row By Row Experience? It starts on June 21 and goes through September 6. The theme is Home Sweet Home and, from looking at their website, the rows are going to be lots of fun this year.

Here's a link (hope this works) to the website for more information and to access the lists of participating shops for each state (and Canada too !! ) --- http://www.rowbyrowexperience.com

My DH is currently entering a list of shops in Arkansas and Missouri into a GPS for our little road trip later this month. Can't wait to see all the wonderful rows this year.
Old 06-01-2016, 08:42 AM

I had No idea this was even a thing! I looked and there are stores in my area participating. How exciting!

The chance to do something different And maybe win a prize of....what else? More fabric? Perfect!

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 07-27-2017 at 03:07 AM. Reason: remove shouting/ all CAPS
Old 06-01-2016, 10:39 AM

I'm hitting road too! I'll be going thru MS and AL. This year I'm just collecting the license plates. There have been some really cute quilts made from them.
Old 06-01-2016, 10:50 AM
Power Poster

I don't drive so I will be stuck in my apt. I did a lot of quilt runs in So CA and with the price of gas, I just stopped doing them.
Old 06-01-2016, 04:23 PM

We've got several new stores participating in SD, so I'm going after those ones as I didn't get them last year. I think we've got a total of 21 stores in the State. At least most of the "new" ones are within 100 miles of my house, so it won't be a big deal. Too bad they are in all directions LOL!!

I won last year at the store closest to me. I wasn't planning on it, but it turns out no one else had turned a quilt in by the time I got mine done in August. I'm going to see if I can win again this year, but not at the same store.
Old 06-01-2016, 04:40 PM

Hmm- was looking at SD "rows" on facebook - I'm not a big fan of applique, but it looks like more and more shops are going that route with their blocks. Almost enough to make me change my mind and skip it.
Old 06-02-2016, 06:08 AM

I got hooked on the row thing last year and it was really fun I am waiting for it to get started but I can only go to stores in parts of Montana and Wyoming however I did find some neat ones with left over kits that I could order on line after the 1st of Nov. last year so hoping to do the same this year anyway it does make a fun visit to quilt shops so hope everyone has a great time this year as you explore the shops.
Old 06-02-2016, 02:00 PM

I've done it for the last two years and will be hitting the road in a few states again this year! Great fun.
Old 06-02-2016, 02:08 PM

I just saw the row by row at the quilt shop where I work. It is not horizontal but vertical. A real beauty. We also have a different license plate from last year. Hugs, omacookie
Old 06-02-2016, 03:42 PM

I participated last year for the first time - mixed experience, both good and bad. Very disappointed that some shops did not feature any of the fabrics from the line affiliated with the project, something that wasn't apparent until I got home and opened the kit. I think I'll skip this although I do like the fabric line this year.