Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Several quilt magazines to stop hard copy publication >

Several quilt magazines to stop hard copy publication

Several quilt magazines to stop hard copy publication

Old 08-26-2013, 07:57 AM

[QUOTE=BellaBoo;6250877]Read this on Facebook today:

Harris Publishing:

"We will be suspending print publication of Quilt magazine, Simple Quilts & Sewing and Quilt Almanac effective with the October/November 2013... With that said, we are looking towards a primarily digital relaunch in Spring 2014 and are committed to the quilt space."[/QUOTE

Wow, this is strange ... I subscribe to Quilt Mag and I JUST got a renewal notice 2 wks ago ??
There was NO MENTION of going digital ... guess they want to us to renew and THEN let us know about it ... Glad I hadn't renewed yet !
I know our world has gone digital - I enjoy my Kindle - BUT - I STILL ENJOY REAL books and magazines in my hands, with a cup of coffee. I don't WANT to have to go PRINT the patterns I want to use and that I've ALREADY PAID for ? ... OR use up my printer ink !! There can be glitches and file problems too ...
Sad news, and the trend of more to come, no doubt ...

Last edited by TexasGurl; 08-26-2013 at 08:09 AM.
Old 08-29-2013, 04:52 PM

I receive Quilt magazine so I emailed them and this is the response I received. It didn't actually tell me too much as far as I was concerned so I just emailed them again to elaborate on what this means to my remaining issues. I am waiting on a response .

Thank you for your email to Quilt. This is correct, we will be suspending the print publication of Quilt Magazine effective with the October/November 2013 issue. We look forward to a potential re-launch in Spring of 2014. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Thank you for your interest in Quilt Magazine.

Sincerely,
Amanda Sten