Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
The Splendid Sampler >

The Splendid Sampler

The Splendid Sampler

Old 03-02-2016, 07:42 AM

Thanks Anngelanne.

I would like to do a mystery train someday but trying to finish quilts for all my family members and need to make one for my bed. I'm doing his and hers Buckeye Beauty comfort quilts for my brother and his wife.

I love that pattern. It's quick and easy with not too many points to match.
Old 03-02-2016, 02:37 PM

WOW, those pictures are sure inspiring. I will get started on mine too!
Old 03-04-2016, 04:01 AM

Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
WOW, those pictures are sure inspiring. I will get started on mine too!
Okay, I said I would post my pictures, finally getting around to it. As you can see, I have only three, still stuck on that 4 and haven't even done 5 and 6, doesn't take long to fall behind, but it will get done, Cro said I am determined to continue, and I can't let her down, or me either for that matter.
Attached Thumbnails p1060250.jpg  
Old 03-04-2016, 06:29 PM
CRO

Anngel I love your colors!!
Maybe you could skip it for now, and do one of the other blocks. It might give you renewed energy to come back to it.
Old 03-05-2016, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by CRO View Post
Anngel I love your colors!!
Maybe you could skip it for now, and do one of the other blocks. It might give you renewed energy to come back to it.
Cro, I think that is probably an excellent idea, instead of being so stubborn. I have it sitting next to my chair half done and can't seem to get those last little dots. Get the buttons, get the buttons, my brain says, my stubborness says, don't give up. Going to move onto the other two for now before the new one comes out on Sunday I think. Glad you like the colors. When I started this I had nothing in mind, when everyone else was pulling their fabrics, so decided to wing it and just do the blocks as I go along. Will probably put them together that way too instead of in order as they come out because I don't want all like together, such as all hearts in the same corner. As I said in the beginning, having fun with it, how are you doing with yours. By the way, I love your avatar.
Old 03-06-2016, 02:47 PM
CRO

Thank you Anngel.
I did #7 today. As I said before I have never done embroidery before and it shows. I laughed so hard when I was done because my teddy bear looks like a pig. LOL The little boys head is more square than round. I guess he is a block head!!
Old 03-07-2016, 03:33 AM

Originally Posted by CRO View Post
Thank you Anngel.
I did #7 today. As I said before I have never done embroidery before and it shows. I laughed so hard when I was done because my teddy bear looks like a pig. LOL The little boys head is more square than round. I guess he is a block head!!

I didn't get much sewed this weekend, my sewing machine decided it didn't want to work anymore. It keeps grabbing double thread from the bobbin. It doesn't matter how much I adjust the tension, it just doesn't work. What a downer that is. So much to do, so little time. Kudos to you for doing that block. I am not sure it fits in with the rest, but who knows what else will come along. It has its place.
Old 03-07-2016, 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by AnngelAnne View Post
I didn't get much sewed this weekend, my sewing machine decided it didn't want to work anymore. It keeps grabbing double thread from the bobbin. It doesn't matter how much I adjust the tension, it just doesn't work. What a downer that is. So much to do, so little time. Kudos to you for doing that block. I am not sure it fits in with the rest, but who knows what else will come along. It has its place.

Did you remove bobbin and put back...I put mine in newer machine backwards once and it did that. My older machine only allows it to go in one way.... Then try retreading top.....Good luck
Old 03-07-2016, 09:51 AM

Oh I'm glad you are posting pictures. I have 2 sampler blocks to finish and then I'm going to start sewing. I love all your color selections....that's one thing I am not good at and am "afraid of". So, this will be a good start for me. I do want to use up my scraps......so it will probably take me longer to do because of color selecting. But.......since it's using scraps...I should be accomplishing a few things (even if it turns out ugly).....using scraps, making a charity quilt and learning some new techniques! Good job everyone!
Old 03-07-2016, 10:21 AM

great job...