Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Weighted Blanket Tutorial! >

Weighted Blanket Tutorial!

Weighted Blanket Tutorial!

Old 01-01-2014, 07:36 AM

Default Weighted Blanket Tutorial!

Simple-to-understand tutorial for an economical, completely adjustable weighted blanket for children with sensory issues such as autism. http://www.confessionsofafabricaddic...-tutorial.html
Old 01-02-2014, 06:32 AM

Never thought about this and am glad u posted this as I do have a great niece that would probably love this way more than what she uses, which she kicks off a lot.
Old 01-02-2014, 01:24 PM

I'm glad you can use it. I've always slept better with a lot of weight on me because off the number of blankets we had to use when I was a kid (unheated bedrooms).
Old 01-03-2014, 11:05 AM

My autistic great grandson loves the weighted blanket and rolls up in it when he feels stressed. I made it about two years ago and the nine year old still enjoys it. It helps him calm down and comforts him. I am so glad I made it. I would never think of using it on a bed though it's too heavy and awkward.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by justme CA View Post
My autistic great grandson loves the weighted blanket and rolls up in it when he feels stressed. I made it about two years ago and the nine year old still enjoys it. It helps him calm down and comforts him. I am so glad I made it. I would never think of using it on a bed though it's too heavy and awkward.
I was just thinking as I read this about being heavy and over heating a child if used on their bed. My son is autistic (32 years old) and I know he doesn't understand about getting hot under covers. I am very careful about how much cover I put on his bed because I noticed years ago that he had a constant heat rash on the back of his neck and realized, with some observations, that if he got hot he didn't throw off his covers. I wish I had known years ago about this weighted blanket therapy I'm not sure if my son is too old now for this.
Old 01-03-2014, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by jeaninmaine View Post
I'm glad you can use it. I've always slept better with a lot of weight on me because off the number of blankets we had to use when I was a kid (unheated bedrooms).
Me too Jean. My siblings were all complaining of being cold, but not me!! Mom started to do a blanket count on all the beds, I had, 1 down comforter & 4 wool blankets --needless to say I lost a few of them to my younger sister.
Old 01-31-2014, 11:24 AM

i made the weighted blankets and weighted vests for my grandson, it helps him sleep and the vest in the day when he gets over stimulated. i also made a weighted snake to put over his shoulders