Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: What Happened to the Quilt Shop on Route 9 in Natick, MA

What Happened to the Quilt Shop on Route 9 in Natick, MA

Hello, we moved away from MA 4 years ago and are now moving back. I've Googled quilt shops in MA and can't find the one that was on Route 9 in Natick, MA - can't remember the name. Does anyone live in the area and know if it's closed, or hopefully just moved?

Thanks,
    Cathy

It was called the Button Box. According to these articles the owner was retiring and looking for a buyer, but then the building was sold and their lease was not renewed. I went there for the first time a little over two years ago only to find it closed down. So sorry.

https://theswellesleyreport.com/2016...ys-button-box/

https://theswellesleyreport.com/2016...ey-button-box/

Thanks Mitty. It was a nice shop with classes going on almost every time I went there and they had a beautiful selection of Asian fabrics. So sorry it's gone.

Check out Fabric Place Basement farther west off route 9. It's huge and has a little bit of everything. It's not the
    Button Box though......

Thanks idoqlts, I was at Fabric Place several times before we moved and agree - what a lot of choices they have. However...I could probably sell them fabric (doubled my stash while I was away). I was really hoping for a place to connect with others, classes, etc. Thanks for replying.

There is the Quilted Crow in Bolton, MA and the Meeting House in Wales, MA. A new favorite of mine-----Pickering Farms in Richmond, NH.
    The best kind of sleep beneath heaven above is under a quilt hand made with love. Anonymous