Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilt shops en route? >

Quilt shops en route?

Quilt shops en route?

Old 02-05-2016, 07:05 AM

Default Quilt shops en route?

We're going to be driving back to the midwest from the Florida Keys in a couple of days. Does anyone have suggestions for fabulous, can't miss quilt or wool shops on the route going through:

Pensecola Florida, Mobile Alabama, Jackson Mississippi, Memphis Tennessee, Hwy. 55 through Arkansas, Cape Girardeau Missouri

As always, your tips are very much appreciated!
Old 02-05-2016, 07:40 AM
Power Poster

You can always Google the city with quilt stores included. I wouldn't want to miss any shop on route. Have FUN!
Old 02-05-2016, 11:01 PM

In Pensacola don't miss the A & E Pharmacy. They have a little of everything and a great selection of fabric and tools. If you're going to be buying a lot they have a membership program that may save you some money. Also go to Martelli and check out their tools and furniture.
Old 02-06-2016, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by wesing View Post
In Pensacola don't miss the A & E Pharmacy. They have a little of everything and a great selection of fabric and tools. If you're going to be buying a lot they have a membership program that may save you some money. Also go to Martelli and check out their tools and furniture.
They have 30,000 bolts! I stopped in last year. Amazing selection!

sandy
Old 02-11-2016, 07:58 PM

I stopped and shopped at the A & E Pharmacy in Pensecola this week. They do have a lot of everything. Nice quality quilting cotton, lots of batiks, and a good selection of notions. If you're in the market for beautiful and unique fabrics for prom dresses or evening wear, this is your place. Half of the store is a pharmacy and the other half a fabric and craft store. Thanks for your suggestion wesing.
Old 02-11-2016, 08:49 PM

So glad you enjoyed it! My wife's brother and SIL live in Pensacola and we try to go to A & E when we visit. We have always enjoyed the store and their staff is very nice. Did you get to visit Martellii?
Old 02-13-2016, 08:22 AM

If I were going through Missouri I would definitely go to Missouri Star Quilting Co in Hamilton, MO. That is the one place I want to go to before long.
Old 02-16-2016, 11:45 AM

Check your local shops to see if they have the book NEEDLETRAVEL. My copy is in storage so I can't give you mor than the title, but it is very helpful at finding quilt, embroidery, and weaving shops.
Old 04-08-2016, 10:47 AM

We hope to go to Pensacola some time in the near future. I'm also interested in any good quilt shops in Pensacola. Sounds like A&E Pharmacy is the top quilting shop - sounds funny a pharmacy!

Originally Posted by pahega View Post
I stopped and shopped at the A & E Pharmacy in Pensecola this week. They do have a lot of everything. Nice quality quilting cotton, lots of batiks, and a good selection of notions. If you're in the market for beautiful and unique fabrics for prom dresses or evening wear, this is your place. Half of the store is a pharmacy and the other half a fabric and craft store. Thanks for your suggestion wesing.