Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Who is your favorite YouTube Quilter?

Quote Originally Posted by deeleigh View Post
    Do you get emails telling you about a new video? I subscribe to alot of the quilting sites and I thought they said they would remind us but I have never gotten one Remember your clocks tonite...ugh
    Sometimes, although not emails, but notices at the top upper right of my Youtube page. I think it's a little bell. When you "subscribe" to their channel- which is free you get updates. I don't with all of them though. Not sure how that works. For example I subscibe to Jordan's but don't always get updates of new shows but I watch them every week so it's not a problem. Others do send a message when they have new shows.

Blog Entries
    My favorites are Missouri Star, Jordan Fabrics, Sugaridoo, The Gourmet Quilter, and Just Get It Done Quilts. These have the most engaging people, and I learn a lot from them all.

Leslie

Blog Entries
    I second the Jordon Fabrics videos recommendation. In addition to Donna's comfortable presentation, I find her tips along the way have really sharpened my technique. And her tool recommendations are spot on. I put on their playlist while I am piecing!
    Last edited by mhollifiel; 11-03-2019 at 04:22 AM. Reason: Didn't reference prior post

Donna Jordan is such a natural. I've learned a lot from her.

Great idea to make a thread for this! I also like Cosy Quilt Designs and Stitched TV which are both youtube channels.
    Peggy

"Tension is who you think you should be. Relaxation is who you are."
    -Chinese proverb
    http://peggybsquilting.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    Karen from Just Get It Done has some helpful YouTube videos as well...she has one on Color Theory that I found interesting. I also listen to Podcasts while in my sewing room...Pat Sloan, Elizabeth Townsend-Gard of Just Wanna Quilt and American Patchwork but I also like Dan Harris of 10% Happier.
    attitude is everything...the rest will fall into place.

Quote Originally Posted by deeleigh View Post
    Do you get emails telling you about a new video? I subscribe to alot of the quilting sites and I thought they said they would remind us but I have never gotten one Remember your clocks tonite...ugh
    You have to turn on notifications. I haven't watched a quilting video where there are ads so far. That means the person making the videos are being paid by the ad company or getting a % of the revenue. The ones that get thousands of views do not need the ads. Bloggers that have links or pop ups are getting paid to have those on their blogs. Some have dozens. I use an ad blocker to prevent the pop ups no matter how much the blogger rants about taking money away from the site if you use the blockers. Let me see the blogger computer pages visited with no use of a ad blocker. LOL
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

Blog Entries
    I don't care for YouTube. They seem to talk too much about nothing and too fast.
    Aurora

"A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot." -Robert A. Heinlein

Love, Love, Love The Stitch TV Show, Bonnie Hunter, Angela Walters. One of the 3 is always playing in my sewing room

ooooh! I spend way too much time on this computer! I watch or listen to most of these mentioned frequently, and all of them I've heard or seen at least once.

On youtube, I also like HQ, and A Quilting Life with Sherri McConnell, and The Crafty Gemini, and Shabby Fabrics, and others.

I also like Alex Anderson's podcast:
    https://alexandersonquilts.com/podcast/

and

The off-kilter quilter

Don't have a true favorite...
    Last edited by mindless; 11-04-2019 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SusieQOH View Post
    There is also a new to me quilter named Irene from the Netherlands. She's adorable!
    Her channel is called Sugaridoo and she's hosting a quilt along starting soon. I really want to join
    but I may not have time.

I also like Mr. Domestic and Jennifer Bosworth from Shabby Fabrics. Good tutes.

Hey, I looked up Sugaridoo today and I must agree--she is adorable! Infectious enthusiasm with her pretty smile, sweet voice, and an easygoing teaching style. Oh, and her studio is incredible! Huge, bright, organized, and vibrant . I'll be tuning into her channel quite often now. THanks for the recommendation.

Sugaridoo is new to me too. I love her!!

Isn't Sugaridoo just adorable? Makes me want to quilt all day!!!
    One day she apologized for her English and I wrote in the comments
    that she speaks better English than most of us!

And one more.
    I love thread painting, and Nancy has some great videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...y=Nancy+Prince

!!! A friend in need!!
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 11-10-2019 at 10:12 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps

So now I'm super bummed.

Many of you, like me, enjoy Mr. Domestic and all of his free tutorials and YouTube videos. He is so upbeat and fun.

I'm bummed because I just learned that his YouTube channel was hacked, and all of his content is gone!

Why would someone do that?

I just don't get it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellen 1 View Post
    For longarmers, Natalia Bonner is great. Natalia is doing a block a day for 365 days. I also like JuliaQuiltoff.
    One of my favorites also.
    Helen T.

Quote Originally Posted by mindless View Post
    So now I'm super bummed.

Many of you, like me, enjoy Mr. Domestic and all of his free tutorials and YouTube videos. He is so upbeat and fun.

I'm bummed because I just learned that his YouTube channel was hacked, and all of his content is gone!

Why would someone do that?

I just don't get it.
    Really? His videos are great! What a bummer.

Another vote for Donna Jordan. She is my insomnia cure. I don't mean she's boring. I have insomnia many nights and have found that her videos put me to sleep, just because they're soothing and interesting, I guess. It's gotten to the point that all she has to say is "hi I'm Donna Jordan...from Jordan Fabrics," then I fall asleep while she's picking the background fabrics. I'm so thankful for her presence in my internet space.

I have really enjoyed some of Debbie Shore's bag-making videos. She inspired me to make my very first bag just from her video and it turned out well!

I like the others mentioned here too.

I've learned some from Crafty Gemini too, although she's gotten a little more commercial and I've gotten away from her. We all have to make a living.

Aaaand, still love Eleanor Burns. Her videos are mostly out on You Tube. Her voice has gotten more normal in recent years .
    Nobody ever went wrong with kindness.

Crafty Gemini- Vanessa Vargas Wilson... Her smile is contagious and she is so engaging!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2