Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Who is your favorite YouTube Quilter?

Who is your favorite YouTube Quilter?

I think most people are familiar with these channels:
    Missouri Star Quilt Co. (I love the Quilt Snips best.)
    Rob Appel (Man Sewing)
    Angela Walters (Midnight Quilt Show)
    Jordan Fabrics

I found one that is a new favorite. Liza Decor. She has a lot of small project videos like table runners. She shows every step clearly. She does not speak in many of her videos. (I think her native language is Russian.) I just went through so many of her tutorials and love her colors and layouts.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8u...vUL6-0ixNkRpzA

Any one else want to add their favorite?

Power Poster
    I check in on Podunkpretties(member) I also go to greenfairyquiltsblog and freemotionquiltingadventures.

I recently discovered Erica Arndt. She has videos spanning a few years. Also enjoy Fat Quarter Shop vids with Kimberly

I discovered Jordan Fabrics last year and love their videos. Have watched many, but, I have to admit, Mr. Domestic is my favorite to watch just because he is so funny and has so much energy and such a positive attitude.
    To many quilts, not enough wine.

Janome Horizon Memory Craft 8900QCP, Special Edition
    Vingtage Dressmaker 7000 Heavy Duty
    Husqvarna Viking, Mega Quilter

Add Leah Day to the list. Lately she has gone into long arms which doesn’t interest me as much but she also has a podcast one can watch or just listen to
    Alyce

I follow, or subscribe, to many on YouTube as well as a few Podcasts..

Favorite Podcast - Friendship Album 1933 by Frances O'Roark Dowell - a fabulous story

Another Podcast - Just Wanna Quilt with Elizabeth Townsend-Gard who conducts interesting interviews with the underlying goal of addressing copyright issues in the industry

YouTube - SewVeryEasy, HandiQuilter, Jordan Fabrics, Bernina International AG, Chatterbox Quilts, Natalia Bonner, Just Get it Done Quilts, GE Designs, Sew Kind of Wonderful, The Quilt Show, Leah Day, Angela Walters, Cindy Needham, Deb Tuckers Studio 180

For craftmaking - Sailrite, Debby Hunker, Kittenish Behavior, Embrilliance.... I better just stop there
    Last edited by TheMerkleFamily; 11-01-2019 at 05:38 PM. Reason: forgot to list my favorite podcast!
    Christine
    In my dream world.... fabric is free and quilting makes you thin!

I subscribe to many of the above. I’d add Teresa DownUnder. I never delete my email reminders without checking what block they are doing.

I also like Pat Sloan. I listen to her podcast frequently.

Are there fees attached to youTube videos?

Quote Originally Posted by illinois View Post
    I don’t pay any fees for YouTube.

No. YouTube is a free site. You frequently have short advertisements embedded in the videos. If you have a Google or Gmail account (also free) you can save videos to a personal playlist or subscribe to any video author's channel. They also predict what videos you may also want to see based off of your browsing history and make suggestions for what to watch next. Streaming video uses a lot of data but you can adjust your video quality to a lower rate so that it uses less data if that is an issue. I recommend you turn off AutoPlay.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMerkleFamily View Post
    I follow, or subscribe, to many on YouTube as well as a few Podcasts..

Favorite Podcast - Friendship Album 1933 by Frances O'Roark Dowell - a fabulous story

Another Podcast - Just Wanna Quilt with Elizabeth Townsend-Gard who conducts interesting interviews with the underlying goal of addressing copyright issues in the industry

YouTube - SewVeryEasy, HandiQuilter, Jordan Fabrics, Bernina International AG, Chatterbox Quilts, Natalia Bonner, Just Get it Done Quilts, GE Designs, Sew Kind of Wonderful, The Quilt Show, Leah Day, Angela Walters, Cindy Needham, Deb Tuckers Studio 180

For craftmaking - Sailrite, Debby Hunker, Kittenish Behavior, Embrilliance.... I better just stop there
    Oh that gives me all kinds of new videos to look for...as if I need more than I already watch lol. Time flies when I'm on youtube

Kay England's video's explain the whys and what fors to make my piecing better then any I've found. It's not all tutorial but teaching videos in small segments and she gets to the point not any fluff.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

Add Laura from SewVeryEasy.
    Youtube is my very favorite place for not only quilting but a ton of valuable information. I have fixed things around my house etc.
    One night my husband had an emergency appendectomy. I got home at 2 AM and could not figure out how to turn the lights off in his car. I could have woken my sweet neighbor but didn't want to so I looked on Youtube, typed in the model of his car and there it was!!!
    I rely on Youtube for so many things.

There is also a new to me quilter named Irene from the Netherlands. She's adorable!
    Her channel is called Sugaridoo and she's hosting a quilt along starting soon. I really want to join
    but I may not have time.

I also like Mr. Domestic and Jennifer Bosworth from Shabby Fabrics. Good tutes.

Have any of you ever read any of Frances O'Roark Dowells quiliting story books? They are very good. I have met her and she is such a nice lady. Her mother is in my quilting Guild, Kentucky Cover Lovers.

Blog Entries
    no, all youtube videos are free

Blog Entries
    I don't troll the net to much anymore so when I fall in love with someone or something I pretty much stay put. I do however check out the majority of the suggested links offered here. I am a tried and true fan of Missouri Star Quilt Co. I look at others and will watch a few but still come back to MSQC. For me to date her explanations and tutorials are the best. I am willing to learn and grow when the right Youtube video comes along.

Blog Entries
    I really like Theresa Downunder, the gourmet quilter, MSQC and Darlene Maushard

https://youtu.be/Wffgma09c-g
    Amanda Rolfe - a young Australian quilter. She is adorable and quite accomplished for her young age.

No fees unless you go commercial free. I just watched a wonderful, 10 minute video by Liza Décor. It started with a commercial and was interrupted 4 more times with ads.
    We used to pay for things we wanted and now we pay for things we don't want. Go figure.

I love Missouri Star and Jordan Fabrics. They usually have a new video every day. Very enjoyable to watch while I sit and drink my coffee.

For longarmers, Natalia Bonner is great. Natalia is doing a block a day for 365 days. I also like JuliaQuiltoff.

Do you get emails telling you about a new video? I subscribe to alot of the quilting sites and I thought they said they would remind us but I have never gotten one Remember your clocks tonite...ugh

I love the Jordan Fabric YouTube videos. She breaks complicated looking patterns down into easy to follow steps.
    Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast