Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Any suggestions on an embroidery machine? >

Any suggestions on an embroidery machine?

Any suggestions on an embroidery machine?

Old 05-19-2020, 06:27 PM

I've owned a Janome 15000 for 6 or 7 years and recently purchased a Janome S9 to take to classes. Both are great combination machines and have low maintenance, great machines, and I love them. The 15000 has larger hoops and one hoop is made to hoop a quilt for quilting (a main reason I purchased it).

For digitizing software, I have owned Janome MBX 4.5 for 5 years and even though it had a steep learning curve, I used it to create the designs I used to quilt my quilts as well as labels for them. This month I purchased the Janome Artistic Digitizer and I'm blown away with it's capabilities. I can bring in a picture, clip art, or drawing and it will digitize it for me. It will work with other brand machines, but is fully integrated with the Janome machines.
Old 05-19-2020, 06:37 PM

Here is an example of my first attempt with Artistic Digitizer taking a picture and changing it to redwork in the Artistic Digitizer. It's a picture of the farmhouse I grew up in that I made into a pillow for my brother. This software is a game changer for me.
Attached Thumbnails james-pillow.jpg  
Old 05-20-2020, 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by Sheri.a View Post
Here is an example of my first attempt with Artistic Digitizer taking a picture and changing it to redwork in the Artistic Digitizer. It's a picture of the farmhouse I grew up in that I made into a pillow for my brother. This software is a game changer for me.
this is terrific! I looked up the software and one of the questions was whether this was possible. the answer was 'maybe not'' and referred the questioner to DRAWings PRO XI 11 instead.
Old 05-21-2020, 08:53 AM

MaryB 119 I am guessing you were going to say Icon, which is usually in all caps. Right? I have the Icon and it is an amazing machine. trying to learn more about it every day!