Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Babylock Flourish II >

Babylock Flourish II

Babylock Flourish II

Old 12-21-2019, 05:52 PM

Question Babylock Flourish II

I am getting ready to purchase the Babylock Flourish II. I will pick up next weekend. This is my first embroidery machine. I am looking at different thread and trying to figure out what brands are a nice starting set. I was considering the brothread or simthread I saw on Amazon. Are they good? What do you all use? 🤔
Old 12-22-2019, 05:57 AM

I have the same machine and use mostly Metro thread. It is on sale right now.
So far there is no problem with any thread like Floriani, Madeira or Brothread. My machine is not fussy with any thread. However, it sometimes does not want to accept USB sticks. Several tries will do the trick.
Old 12-22-2019, 08:16 AM

I like Exquisite, Floriani, or Brother. The one listed on Amazon is a thread using the brother color list. It isn't brother thread. I've never used it.

I suggest to try a few spools first of the different brands. Then purchase the sets. Perhaps your dealer will give you a sample set.

I generally use a microtex 80/12 needle and no issues. Be sure to change the needle after about 8 hours of stitching.

https://redrockthreads.com/thread-se...SAAEgJmrPD_BwE

If you need tips, etc. here is the link I use for the learning center tab. There is workbook that helps with stabilizers.

https://rnk-floriani.com/products.php#
Old 12-22-2019, 08:29 AM

I love Madeira threads! I have a great number of them in different colors. I also like sulky threads that are 40wt or better. But then as long as the thread holds without breakage that is what is most important to me. I went on a thread bing a few years ago and and I tons of unopened threads. One I am learning to be up there with Madeira. However one that I am using right now, Robinson-Anton, is also a great thread.