Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Cheery Blossom wall hanging >

Cheery Blossom wall hanging

Cheery Blossom wall hanging

Old 11-26-2023, 08:42 PM

Default Cheery Blossom wall hanging

This is a special edition Stephen Wilson Studio from Anita Goodesign. Its adorned with cherry blossoms and butterflies and would be typical scene in Japanese spring.It's made up of 20 Tiles and some applique ,also there are 3d sew on flowers and butterflies,these are embroidered onto wash away separately .There is also about 30 additional flowers in different sizes and 20 butterflies to choose from ,so it depends on how busy you want it to look.Just making a start on this project ,so it should take a couple of weeks to complete.It can be hung as a complete unit or divided into 5 units in frames ,more later
Attached Thumbnails img_5634.jpg  
Old 11-27-2023, 01:04 AM

This is the first of the 3D embroidery. This is done on 2 layers only of wash away ,about 30 flowers and I chose a few butterflies. The separate wings in the wash away attach to the tiles #6 and #9 and will be added for 3D affect after the project is assembled.The other butterflies can be added randomly to project at will.
The first tile I have done is #6 and I will do #9 next just to make sure I have the color code the same on the wings.There are 20 8x8 tiles in the quilt .This file opens in Jef but has Phaff colors so I have to change them on the fly with notes I have recorded the color change to Janome as I go,This is not a big deal for me as there's only about 15 colors to contend with,It will just become a mental thing after 3-4 tiles and probably wont need to record color change's.I just visualize the color photograph and select colors as they look as I proceed
Attached Thumbnails img_5636.jpg   img_5637.jpg   img_5635.jpg  
Old 11-27-2023, 02:49 AM

This will be stunning, I can’t wait to see your progress and the finished wall hanging.
Old 11-27-2023, 05:58 AM

You sure do give that embroidery machine a work-out!
Old 11-27-2023, 01:33 PM

It is fun to take a break from quilting sometimes and just do the embroidery. Those are pretty designs. I have made free standing butterflies. I used to give one to all the new hires to hand in their cubicles.
Old 11-29-2023, 03:05 AM

Onto tile #9 with the other butterflies.As I said previously I had to jump ahead and embroider it out to make sure I get the wing colors correct.There is only about 15 colors in this project and I can nearly mentally transpose from Phaff to Janome numbers color's on the fly as I go,most of the previous projects have 50-70 colors and they have been Floriani to Janome,depends on who digitized the file and there preference of thread brand.A lot of the thread conversions are way off and I would rather eye the colors from the color prints the usually accompany the project and color correct as I proceed.
Attached Thumbnails img_5638.jpg  
Old 12-01-2023, 07:50 PM

Here is the first 2 tiles. The first 5 tiles have the same 19 color changes, but the difference is out lay of the branch's and blossoms contrast with each other.They are about 2 1/2 hr stitch out on each tile, so probably 60 hr stitch out for the project.
Attached Thumbnails img_5639.jpg   img_5640.jpg  
Old 12-02-2023, 05:05 AM

Location: I live in Vero Beach, Florida but am originally from Massachusetts.

Wow, Zoo, you really have perfected machine embroidery. Yet again I stand in awe of your talent! Thanks for sharing.
Old 12-02-2023, 11:33 PM

Hi Yiaya,Thank you for you interest in this project. These are tiles 3-4 ,they have about 60 thousand stitches in all the tiles on average I will probably do one a day as they take about 2 1/2 hrs to stitch out
Attached Thumbnails img_5641.jpg   img_5642.jpg  
Old 12-03-2023, 03:07 AM

Beautiful! You’re making great progress!