Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Cheery Blossom wall hanging >

Cheery Blossom wall hanging

Cheery Blossom wall hanging

Old 12-06-2023, 03:35 AM

Here is a few more tiles 5-6-7 .This has been great to embroider so far ,color changes very predicable.all the cottons lined up in a row like a lot of duck's. #5 the only one with a small applique in main tree branch,really don't why as it could have just been all embroidery as the stitches fully covered it anyway!
Attached Thumbnails img_5643.jpg   img_5635.jpg   img_5644.jpg  
Old 12-11-2023, 05:01 AM

Its been a few days but I have had to have a few days off the machine,to much sitting and my lower back really don't like it. So here's Tile 8 and its accompanied with tile #9 which I did a while ago to make sure the butterfly colors matched. The color matching really keeps the brain active ,hopefully I wont have to worry to much in the future as I found a company who will ship a Floriani Deluxe color chart to Australia and this will give me the ability to correct color match with Janome color. Some of the Floriani colors are dedicated to most of the projects I'm doing are so off it's just crazy. I run two computers to convert on the fly as I'm going. One with a PDF of the project and the other in a stitch file with hoop open with colors. most of these files in pfaff-vip with Florinia thread so I have to convert them as well to JEF. the project does come with JEF files but they wont convert to the correct Janome colors, so its a night mare changing things to suit the project, but they look excellent when finished
Attached Thumbnails img_5645.jpg   img_5646.jpg  
Old 12-11-2023, 07:12 PM

These are the same files as the above pic's with the differences in color before I change the colors that the software doesn't recognize .It opens in a Jef file with Janome color numbers but doesn't align with color conversion .I am not a digitizer but I have good software (Hatch 2) and can use it OK, but even this wont convert the file color correctly it gets near to close but still have to change some color, so by the time I load from one program to another it's just quicker to color change on the fly. The program you see on the screen is SewWhat and the good thing I like is it can open in as many screen shots on the one screen as you require so one can see the differences . The other thing with some software is the restriction on stitch count.The Tiles on this project are 7 inch square and this last tile #8 was 79.000 stitches. This had been programed for 60k stitches in (a) and 19k in (ab) .so it's a split file to suit older machines.In a lot of cases the (ab) file sometimes will not align the the (a) file, this software allows me to merge the two files and I don't get this problem.The Janome can memorize 200K stitches in one sitting, what I'm getting at it's is not all easy peesy with big and complicated projects written with different software which don't talk to each other. One standout is the tree trunk.
Attached Thumbnails img_5647.jpg   img_5648.jpg  
Old 12-12-2023, 08:15 AM

that looks very nice. I keep thinking that maybe I want to do a panel like that, but not ready for that quite yet.

I started working on ornament covers, and realized I've not done any embroidery for over a year. Took a bit to get re familiar on what buttons to push!
Old 12-13-2023, 03:40 AM

Hey... This is tile #10 it contains 76K stitches and took about 2 3/4 hrs to do. I've paired it with file # 9 and these will great when its assembled
Attached Thumbnails img_5649.jpg   img_5650.jpg  
Old 12-16-2023, 05:19 AM

Tile #11 is finished and another is started .There's a large applique in this one ,there's a cream background under all those stitches nearly 30k of them total stitches for this tile 68K
Attached Thumbnails img_5651.jpg   img_5652.jpg  
Old 12-17-2023, 06:33 AM

Have completed Tile #12 and the next few tiles have applique and several new colors introduce to them, pic is 11 added
Attached Thumbnails img_5653.jpg   img_5654.jpg  
Old 12-22-2023, 06:12 PM

Had a few days away from the machine there was a few things to do in the garden and pool, I have also been working on preparation of the next project a 7 piece wall hanging which is a Signature Series exclusive. Here's #13 Tile this one had about 60K stitches and a couple of hours to stitch out
Attached Thumbnails img_5654.jpg   img_5655.jpg  
Old 12-23-2023, 04:23 AM

Had time to complete Tile #14 Still another 6 to go
Attached Thumbnails img_5656.jpg   img_5657.jpg  
Old 12-27-2023, 01:54 AM

Hey Merry Xmas.Now that's behind us ,it was time to get on with another tile #15.There was a big slab of applique in this the tree trunk dark brown and the yellow-gold back ground under the trees. This had 86K stitches and I've been changing the needle out at the beginning of each tile.I dont know whether to sew it all as one picture or divide it into 5 separate split frames .Will look impressive which every I do .This means I will have to get my woodworking skills to test making 5 shadow box's for the tapestry What would you do?
Attached Thumbnails img_5661.jpg   img_5662.jpg