Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery card designs. >

Embroidery card designs.

Embroidery card designs.

Old 02-09-2021, 04:08 AM

Default Embroidery card designs.

bought a CD of designs. How do I download to my computer then tomy emb card for my Janome 9700. have palette 2.o. thanks for any help.
Old 02-09-2021, 06:50 AM

I just copy the CD into a directory I set up on my computer. Then I delete the files I don't need off the computer (they are still on the CD if I ever need them again). My machine takes PES files and most CD's come with them in many formats, so I delete all of the other formats. That way the only thing I'm coping to the USB I plug into my machine are PES files and nothing else. I keep the PDF and text files on my computer,

BTW - I'm assuming your computer has both a CD reader and something that can read the card that goes into your embroidery machine. The last time I did this (I buy mostly digital designs) it had been so long I couldn't remember how to get my CD drive open!
Old 02-09-2021, 09:06 AM

I will be watching this thread closely as I have a Janome Memory Craft machine arriving next Saturday.
Old 02-09-2021, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
I just copy the CD into a directory I set up on my computer. Then I delete the files I don't need off the computer (they are still on the CD if I ever need them again). My machine takes PES files and most CD's come with them in many formats, so I delete all of the other formats. That way the only thing I'm coping to the USB I plug into my machine are PES files and nothing else. I keep the PDF and text files on my computer,

BTW - I'm assuming your computer has both a CD reader and something that can read the card that goes into your embroidery machine. The last time I did this (I buy mostly digital designs) it had been so long I couldn't remember how to get my CD drive open!
yes I have palette 2.0. I use PES format too. Babylock Asante. Thanks