Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Fantasy Tree Wall Hanging >

Fantasy Tree Wall Hanging

Fantasy Tree Wall Hanging

Old 01-26-2024, 04:49 PM

Hi Macybaby Both my wife and I share the 260 thread colors but we try to stick to Janome base color theme 80 colors ..The Anita Goodesign Signature series are very expensive to purchase I have #2-3-4 now, plus a lot of other up market picture designs and some of the Premium Collections .They are magnificent designs .I try to buy them 2nd hand to keep the price to what I think are reasonable price.This current project cost $130 just for the files , but this is a hobby for me and I am near the end of my life and money is the least of my worries ,so I have an attitude of do it now I might not wake tomorrow !!! So I will just try to keep going as long as I can and I love explaining to other embroiders what my current projects are .....Have a nice day Cathy.
Old 01-27-2024, 05:47 AM

It's a beautiful project with so many details to embroider. I love seeing the progress along the way. Thanks!

The thread storage looks so nice and organized.
Old 01-31-2024, 08:31 PM

Hi Haven't been able to proceed as I am waiting on the bean stitch color thread.This is a color that is not even close in the Janome color range, its Floriana color #809 and is a very pale wheat color. I have a Floriani color conversion chart and ordered it in a Isacord number #781 as I can get it local. The bean stitch back ground is on all the tiles and is stitched out before any embroidery is started, most bean stitch is usually 3 ply stitch overlay but on this they are using 9 ply stitch to give an embossed look, should have the color spools in the next couple of days and will get a start on the tiles .I ordered several spools as a 1000m will do about 200k stitches and I think I will be around the 320K count on this project just on back ground bean stitch.I think it was said the project is all based on a Totamai stitch.
Attached Thumbnails img_5682.jpg  
Old 02-01-2024, 07:07 PM

Hey There is another set back for a few days as I was going to use VileneH640 as the batting but I think its a bit puffy for a wall board mount,so I am waiting on an order of VileneH630 which is half the thickness .I think H640 is 4 mm and H630 is about 2mm.There will be enough lift in the 9 ply bean stitch to puff it up like mild Trapunto finish. I have just done a full oil and grease ( white lithium on gears)service on machine ready for this project.I do this at the end of each of these large projects which are usually 1 million stitches.
Old 02-11-2024, 08:17 PM

Hey The Vilene H630 has arrived and here is the first 2 tiles of the upper left corner.They have no picture embroidery.This is a bean stitch and is in the art of a vintage Tatami pattern which give it a puffed up look. The whole project has this in its background under neath the embroidery. This is 10k of stitching before any embroidery is started on all the tiles.
Attached Thumbnails img_5691.jpg   img_5692.jpg   img_5693.jpg  
Old 02-12-2024, 06:41 AM

Wow, those are just beautiful
Old 02-13-2024, 02:49 AM

Hi Here is tile #3 this has a lower branch of the tree features berry's and when assembled will have birds and butterflies added
Attached Thumbnails img_5694.jpg  
Old 02-13-2024, 02:53 AM

This is sooooooooo fabulous! Thank you for the updates!
Old 02-13-2024, 01:14 PM

Very imformative posts! Thank you for sharing! I hope you outlive all your current projects!
Old 02-14-2024, 09:19 PM

Hi tallchick & ibex94 Thanks for your support .Here is the lower left tile .Features applique grass background and shrub with pink flowers. The bean stitch background really enhances the applique, I would look at using this type of background in some of the projects I still have lined up as future projects, not exactly the same but similar.
Attached Thumbnails img_5695.jpg   img_5696.jpg