Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Fantasy Tree Wall Hanging >

Fantasy Tree Wall Hanging

Fantasy Tree Wall Hanging

Old 01-16-2024, 07:54 PM

Default Fantasy Tree Wall Hanging

Fantasy tree wall hanging.This is my next embroidery project,it comes from Anita Goodesign Signature Series book # 4 ,I think it was released late 2023 , and was deigned by Stephen Wilson. It will be a wall hanging and will consist of seven separate vertical mutable tiles ,It has a Fantasy tree theme and I haven't decided on what color theme I will use.There are six themes to choose from and any would finish in a fantastic wall hanging ,I think why there are several types is for different decor of rooms.
The design is in ancient Chinese design and are usually called Chinoiserie that is a vintage decorating style usually seen in Asian room dividers-wall hangings- crockery-rugs etc. Chinoiserie scenes have always been serene and relaxing to look at, consisting of intricate wildlife and pastoral scenes. As usual I will have to recolor as the files are Floriana I need to change to Janome. I do have a Floriani color card now and it wont take long to eye ball color conversion.
There is separate wildlife files for their project ie; birds and butterfly's as well as flowers and boarders if required.I will probably start this project in the next week or so
Attached Thumbnails img_5674.jpg   img_5675.jpg   img_5676.jpg  
Old 01-18-2024, 04:20 AM

Had a think about the color way and I will use a natural seed color cotton backing and for color. I will use the natural textures earth tones (Color way #5 ) in Pic's and a slightly brighter wisteria purple than the lavender color indicated in the file, it looks a bit languid. There are separate birds , butterfly's and extra sew on flowers with buds that can enhance the overall finish ,these are included in the file and to be used a will. I will do these first . These are embroidered on 2-3 sheets of water soluble so you only get the embroidered item when finished. They come in several pieces and have to be assembled as 3D pieces.and then attached to the main project ,So there are a few hours maybe days of assembly once its all embroidered.I cant show a lot pic's as the printed instructions are in PDF and I can only convert small amount of JPEG at a time without paying exorbitant amount of money for a license, so I can upload for you to see what I'm going to do.So I will keep them coming but it will be a slow process.
Attached Thumbnails signature-series-book-4-p1-55-19p.jpg   signature-series-book-4-p1-22-19p.jpg  
Old 01-19-2024, 09:52 AM

It's going to be beautiful! Can't wait to see the finished project.
Old 01-20-2024, 06:23 AM

Here's a start. this is additional flower and buds to enhance the overall look of the finished project. These are created by embroidering onto 2 sheets of water soluble stabilizer, when I do the butterflies they will require applique to hold them together
Attached Thumbnails img_5677.jpg  
Old 01-21-2024, 04:30 PM

Stunning!!!!! Love it!!!
Old 01-21-2024, 09:18 PM

Hi I have been busy with the Monarch butterflies,these are done in 2 sizes and I have done them in the smaller size, there are several other butterflies to be embroidered yet.The tiles can range from 12 inch squares down to 6 inch.I going for 8 inch which will give me a 70 inch spread across the wall with 2 inch gaps between the frames should be 32 inch high.I have the perfect wall to place it on and it's all ready painted a moderate green . One of the pic's is shown with the applique in place before embroidering
Attached Thumbnails img_5678.jpg   img_5679.jpg  
Old 01-22-2024, 04:34 PM

Hi For all who are interested in who designed this project, this is a great in depth look at the project https://www.facebook.com/anitagoodes...8230576492978/ . or go to face book.. Let’s talk about the Signature Series IV: Fantasy Tree!
Old 01-23-2024, 03:38 PM

Hi Here's the bird that resides at the base of the tree.There are 12 colors and 6 of them are grey shades ,I had to use extra greys besides the Janome colors as they only have 3 greys in the embroidery pack .I do have a 260 color shade thread for extra shading selection that is outside the Janome spectrum. I try to stick to the Janome colors as much as possible
Attached Thumbnails img_5680.jpg   img_5456.jpg  
Old 01-26-2024, 05:19 AM

Hj I will probably do another few of these little birds ,the project requires approximately 15 birds and 200 little flowers -buds probably 40 butterflies ,will see as the project processes along.. I think all of the extras have far to many stitches ,will look at reducing them.
Attached Thumbnails img_5681.jpg  
Old 01-26-2024, 05:52 AM

That looks so fun! I really want to try something like this but got scared away by the price (for now). With hoping to sell the house and move, It's probably best to wait. I really love having my embroidery machine going while I'm piecing. I have my setup so the embroidery machine is right behind me, and I can roll my chair around and be sitting at it instead of my piecing machine without having to get up.

Love your thread storage. Right now mine is all in drawers and it's not near as fun to find colors. I think I'd like a shallow cabinet that has thread inside and on the doors, so I can open it up wide and see everything. If I can design it, my husband can build it. But that will also have to wait until I know what where my sewing room is going to be.