Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Machine Embroidery Forum

Machine Embroidery Forum

Is there a machine embroidery forum like the Quilting Board? I read the Quilting Board daily and have learned so much from it. I just think my embroidery knowledge could use a large boost too. Thanks.
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 11-27-2018 at 05:03 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps

I'll be following this thread. It would be great to see a forum like. If anyone finds one, please post. I've looked, but my internet searching skills leave a bit to be desired.

On this site, there's an old thread "Embroidery Machines - let's chat!" or something like that. Once in a while, someone will post something new and the thread pops up, there's pages and pages of posts there. Have fun!

Blog Entries
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 11-27-2018 at 05:08 AM.
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Lu Lu,

You can post questions here if you need help. Lots of posters here with EMB machines and they are happy to share their knowledge. What machine do you have? What type of projects do you like?

I started EMB with a BL spirit about 4 years ago and was afraid of my machine. LOL. Last year I decided to get the Dream 2 and still learn new features. Last night, I messed up a block with color choices so made another block. Yes, all 27,000+ stitches again! The mistake will become a mug rug instead.

Classes were a great help. There are many different methods and techniques to use. You usually find your favorite tips. Other suggestions are to use your machine, read the manual and press those buttons to learn the features.

Many design vendors have tutorials for their projects.

Stabilizing and hooping can be problems with some projects. Get them right before you start the project. Don't cut corners. I may over-stabilize some projects but generally have decent results.

Please post your questions! Best wishes.

If you are on FB you can check a page called Embroidery Help and Advice. It is sponsored by a website called Oh My Crafty Supplies. They are very helpful and not limited to their designs.

Quote Originally Posted by KwiltyKahy View Post
    If you are on FB you can check a page called Embroidery Help and Advice. It is sponsored by a website called Oh My Crafty Supplies. They are very helpful and not limited to their designs.
    Thanks for the info. I know that Connecting Threads on their forum has a machine embroidery group. When I used to participate there the members were very helpful. I don't do much beyond basics so they were helpful when I was getting started.
    A husband is the perfect confidant to tell your secrets to - he can't reveal them to anyone else because he wasn't really listening when you told him!

DJ
    There doesn't seem to be much current discussion on Connecting Threads forum unless I'm at the wrong place …

Any other ideas would be helpful. Thanks!

Blog Entries
    I have been kicking this around for some time now.

Finally made up my mind.

Introducing .... [drum roll, please] .... a new section:

Machine Embroidery

with a particular emphasis on it's use in quilting.
    Last edited by PatriceJ; 11-28-2018 at 10:37 AM.
    I Quilt, I Nap, I Quilt Some More ... Aaaaah, The Good Life!

for Newsletter or Digest issues, please contact [email protected]

To contact me with questions or suggestions that relate to our community, you may email [email protected]

DJ
    Thank you Patrice! Merry Christmas to us!

Thanks for giving us this new section!

I've have my embroidery machine for over a year and do very little on it as I'm still a bit intimidated. I mostly want to do emboridery to enhance my quilting projects. I've signed up for a class all about stabilizers that takes place next weekend.

Every time I am piecing on my Juki, I look over at the Babylock next to me and imagine having it doing an embroidery design while I'm piecing - but so far I've not done that. I have bought several embroidery designs that are specifically for making quilt blocks.
    My name is Cathy - and I'm addicted to old sewing machines and their attachments.

Patrice,

A gracious thank you for the new section!

This is Good news!

Great news! Now I"m off to check it out!
    A husband is the perfect confidant to tell your secrets to - he can't reveal them to anyone else because he wasn't really listening when you told him!

Thank you so much I have been hoping for a long, long time that there would be a place us on this forum, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Wonderful news! I've been in the self taught mode for several years with my machine. Will give this new section a good long look. Thanks!!
    SEW MUCH FUN!

Patrice, Many thanks! Quilting was the main reason I bought an embroidery machine. Talk about doing a quantum leap forward in sewing...

Thank you, thank you, Patrice. Great news.
    Margaret

"If the devil could dance in empty pockets, he'd have a ball in mine."

Life is a coin. You can spend it any way you wish but you can only spend it once.

Great news. Thank you.

Glad to see the new embroidery section. That is how I started quilting and how I choose my machine. Wanted to make an embroidered quilt that I saw. Have made 16 embroidered quilts and who knows how many wall hangings, etc..

Blog Entries
    Thank You. Looking forward to learning lots.
    Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind see.
    mark Twain

Glad to see this group. Thanks.

Banned
    Allstitch.net also has a FB group for machine embroidery help. I was on it for a while, I left after a couple of professionals also left but I think the site has been weeded out so it's real good advice again. John Deere also has a blog and a FB presence with real good tips and help.

Cari

Thank you, Patrice!!! I don't do Facebook, so I do appreciate your adding this section to the Board.
    Last edited by Rennie; 12-08-2018 at 08:47 AM. Reason: Hit send too quickly

As a fairly novice quilter (read "not very good at it"), but I have made about 6 or 8 - all lap quilts and one baby quilt. Of all of them, my favorite is one that I did the quilting by doing embroidery quilting design in every block - about 35 or 40 of them. I definitely did machine embroidery before I started making quilts - so love the combination, and now a place to talk about it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast