Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Magnetic Hoops Used for Quilting on Embroidery Machine? >

Magnetic Hoops Used for Quilting on Embroidery Machine?

Magnetic Hoops Used for Quilting on Embroidery Machine?

Old 02-13-2016, 05:55 AM

Default Magnetic Hoops Used for Quilting on Embroidery Machine?

Does anyone use the magnetic hoops to do their quilting on their embroidery machine? I have been using the regular hoops - but it is hard to get the quilts hooped. I am going to try sticky solvy, but just saw those magnetic hoops and wondered if anyone had success with them and if there was one that would work with my BL Esante.
Old 02-13-2016, 06:27 AM

I have been told not to use magnets around computerized machines. I'm not sure if this is true, but thought I would pass it on just in case. (It does kind of make sense that it would mess with the computer.)
Old 02-13-2016, 07:49 AM

I have the Janome 15000 which uses magnetic hoops for quilting. They work great.
Old 02-13-2016, 08:03 AM

i have the janome 11000 and the magnetic hoop works great. was told this is the one to use for quilting.going to look for the new purple tip needles that are suppose to be better
Gale
Old 02-13-2016, 10:16 AM

I got a magnetic hoop for my birthday last year and haven't tried it yet for quilting. Mine is made for my machine so it is not a concern - unfortunately the largest magnetic hoop for my machine is only 5 x 7.
Old 02-13-2016, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by lfletcher View Post
I have been told not to use magnets around computerized machines. I'm not sure if this is true, but thought I would pass it on just in case. (It does kind of make sense that it would mess with the computer.)
The computers in sewing machines are not the same as older computers so the magnetic hoops don't hurt them
Old 02-13-2016, 01:15 PM

I have and use several magnetic hoops for quilting on my Brother machine. They work great. Much better than stick back stabilizer.
Old 02-13-2016, 01:22 PM

I use the magnetic hoop on my Ruby Royale and it's great, I would imagine if you weren't supposed to use magnets near the computerised machine, makers wouldn't supply the magnetic hoops for their machines.
Old 02-13-2016, 01:50 PM

My dealer says that the magnets we use around our machines are not enough to bother them at all. Would take a huge magnet to mess up a machine.

Originally Posted by lfletcher View Post
Old 02-14-2016, 09:31 AM

Good to know and thank you everyone. One other question - there seem to be several types of magnetic hoops. There is a magna hoop and a snap hoop and a monster hoop. Can you tell me which ones you have used? I want to order one but want to get the most current that people have actually used because they are not inexpensive - and I want to get one soon for the quilt I am doing now.