Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
New machine needed >

New machine needed

New machine needed

Old 07-08-2019, 05:51 AM

Default New machine needed

Can anyone help with picking a new embroidery machine? Currently I have a Husqvarna Viking Quilt Designer II with an embroidery attachment. I use it "mostly" for embroidering a design on baptism blankets for church. It's been limping along for a while, and it's time to get something new. That machine is discontinued, and I can't get replacement parts, software, or stitch cards for it anymore.

Ok, so, I'm looking for a compact, stand-alone embroidery machine (I have a Janome for piecing/quilting, so don't need a dual machine), that is inexpensive. I want something very basic, but I do need to be able to load my own design on the machine. Would like to be able to use both 4" x 4" and 6" x 9.5" (approx.) hoops.

I'm looking at the BabyLock Verve, but would like other suggestions. Thanks in advance!
Old 07-08-2019, 12:19 PM

I purchased a Brother Innovis 1600e and love it. I'm new to embroidery but this machine really spoke to me when I tried it in the store. I bought mine some months ago ... the regular price was $2499 ... on sale for $1999 ... but the sales lady sold it to me for $1699 and threw in a free 6 x 10 hoop. If you have a Brother dealer nearby, check it out. You can save your designs to a flash drive and use them if they are in the pes. format.

Good luck with our search.
Old 07-17-2019, 02:23 AM

So how is your search for a embroidery machine going? I read the description for the Babylock Verve. Seems it only uses a 4 x 4 hoop.
Old 07-17-2019, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Sharonquilts View Post
So how is your search for a embroidery machine going? I read the description for the Babylock Verve. Seems it only uses a 4 x 4 hoop.
Thank you for your response, and follow up! You are correct about the Verve, and I definitely need the bigger hoop. So, I have it narrowed to Husqvarna Topaz or Brother Innovis 1600e. I want the Brother, but the only local store that carries Brother has been a hot mess to deal with. Really nice people, just completely disorganized, and it makes me concerned for when the machine will need servicing. The Viking is more expensive and I don't love the screen interface as much as the Brother, but the salesperson is really knowledgeable and attentive. Leaning towards ordering the Brother online.
Old 07-18-2019, 04:22 AM
Power Poster

My friend just bought a Babylock Verve. It comes with a 4x4 hoop but she bought the bigger one extra. She is very happy with it.
Old 07-18-2019, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
My friend just bought a Babylock Verve. It comes with a 4x4 hoop but she bought the bigger one extra. She is very happy with it.
Thank you, good to know!!
Old 07-23-2019, 06:32 PM

I have 4 embrodiery machines , best machine of all is Bernina 790 , my go to machine for everthing.
Old 07-24-2019, 03:51 AM
Administrator

go with Brother for embroidery.
more bang for the buck.
even if the brother dealer is disorganized you can probably count on them for good service when needed.
if your viking dealer disappears, good luck finding a service and repair facility.