Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Noah's Ark wall hanging >

Noah's Ark wall hanging

Noah's Ark wall hanging

Old 09-25-2023, 04:10 AM

Hi Tile #4 This has 74000 stitches,58 color changes and 5 applique panels,it has been in the machine for about 3 1/2 hours to complete.I usually pass my time listening to pod cast interviews or fabulous DooWop music classics ,they trend to last an hour or more.Have clipped #3 to #4 to show how they are progressing.There is still one to go in this row.
Attached Thumbnails img_5588.jpg   img_5589.jpg   img_5587.jpg  
Old 09-27-2023, 09:41 PM

Unhappy

This is tile #5 and is the bustiest tile with 8 appliques and 80K stitches and over 60 color changes ,it's taken about 6-7 hours to complete this one and they are only 8"x8" tile. I didn't do in one sitting to much eye strain. Still have another 15 to go Unhappy
Attached Thumbnails img_5591.jpg   img_5592.jpg  
Old 10-03-2023, 06:27 PM

Tile #6 This has been another block buster with 9 applique overlays and 75K stitches 61 color changes .This took about 7 hrs to complete and I did in 3 sittings as it tends to give me eye strain with the amount of reflection, the intense light from the LED's from the piece, also I have a back problem so I cant sit all day at the machine, although I have a very comfy chair. I'm still having small discrepancy's with color conversion from Floriani to Janome which I have to constantly keep an eye on.There are 20 tiles in this wall hanging and at this rate I will have to take a vacation when is finished!!
Attached Thumbnails img_5593.jpg   img_5595.jpg  
Old 10-04-2023, 06:11 PM

Tile #7 There is not as many stitches in one but it was still time consuming as I think the the whole project piece is going to be..I have 3 projects including this one, they have 80k-90k stitches and 6-8 applique lay overs per tile .They are 2. Moses sharing the ten commandments and 3. Moses hold back the Red sea for the people to pass across.These are all Anitia Goodesign and its called Exodus. special edition. All of theses are wall hanging and will follow up on them when this one get finished.The definition in these tiles is significant and I really like the way the creator of these tiles has gone all out to produce something with 2D depth .I can understand the price of these ($160) per projects as the skill to produce these files would take many hours of thought and prep layout and then digitizing to stitches,massive job.
Attached Thumbnails img_5598.jpg   img_5599.jpg  
Old 10-05-2023, 06:22 PM

Moving along to tile #8, I got through this one fairly quickly as it has 6 appliques overlay 70K stitches 42 color changes.There was only a few hours to complete this one. This features a pair of leopards and rocks in the background, lower front of Ark .
Attached Thumbnails img_5600.jpg   img_5601.jpg  
Old 10-13-2023, 03:58 PM

Here's #9 tile .Have had a few days away from the machine doing other things. This tile has the rear of the Ark and bears descending down a ramp. The tile has 72k stitches ,11 applique overlays,68 color changes, this took ages because of the applique layers ,there was a lot of starting and stopping.The stitch out time is 170 minutes but you can triple that with stoppages ie;applique-color changes-taking hoop in and out of machine,trimming applique, probably more like 7 hrs. Have changed the needle 5 times since starting this project. I use 100/16 needle size and swap out every 120k stitches because of the thickness of layers of applique,definitively notice the difference when freshly changed.
Attached Thumbnails img_5603.jpg   img_5604.jpg  
Old 10-14-2023, 05:58 AM

Tile #10 is half way, just another 10 to go.This tile was a lot less work as it consisted of 65k stitches -4 applique-41 color changes. The applique on all off the tiles I leave a small tail of the fabric as a tell tail as its hard to remember what color to place as I'm using 5 different browns and 3 greys, 5 greens and it gets a bit bit confusing sometimes, suppose I should tag the fabrics!
Attached Thumbnails img_5605.jpg   img_5606.jpg  
Old 10-17-2023, 11:51 PM

Tile #11 and #12 This starts at the left edge lower 3 line with Zebra and Giraffe ,Parrot and Noah part of the waterfall along the lower portion .I am putting up these pics for anyone that's thinking of doing this project as it takes a considerable lot of time to complete each tile and if they would consider if it's worth it both in time and cost.
Attached Thumbnails img_5608.jpg   img_5609.jpg   img_5610.jpg  
Old 10-18-2023, 07:33 AM

those are really nice! Makes me want to dig out some designs and put my machine to work. I haven't done any embroidery this year, and it would be nice to do some before the year is over!
Old 10-19-2023, 03:49 AM

Hey Cathy do a Xmas-tree skirt, always look smart when finished
Here is tile #13 ,this was mild compared to the rest of them,got it finished in a couple of hours
Attached Thumbnails img_5613.jpg   img_5614.jpg