Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Noah's Ark wall hanging >

Noah's Ark wall hanging

Noah's Ark wall hanging

Old 09-19-2023, 06:09 AM

Default Noah's Ark wall hanging

This is my next project. AnitaGoodesign latest Noah's Ark wall hanging.32"x40" made up of 20 by 8" squares.This is available in sizes from 6"' to 10 " size depending on what your requirements are to suit hoop size.There is a children's Noah's Ark available that was released about 8 years ago ,more cartoon style.There is a lot of applique and stitches in this project ,some panels have 80K stitches and a full applique that covers the complete panel. This first panel has 4 over lays of full applique that covers all the square and has 66K stitches 22 color changes
Attached Thumbnails noahs-ark-jpeg.jpg   img_5575.jpg  
Old 09-19-2023, 06:38 AM

Stunning! Wow!
Old 09-20-2023, 12:39 AM

Getting along to second tile ,I have had some problems with the conversion from Floriani to Janome colors.The trouble is Floriani has about twenty reds and all it's other colors are that close in shade, that the conversion is randomly picking different numbers in each different window I open, and there is twenty tiles to contend with color wise .I've had to open 2 computers to keep and eye on whats going on .A typical change is in the sky ,on the sky in the first tile it used Janome -Pale Sky #216 and Bright Blue #230 and on the second tile it wanted to use Janome Baby blue 228 and Solar Blue 268 this is not good as these two tiles join together and the difference would be very noticeable and look terrible I have two Floriani to Janome thread conversions and both are contentious in the number substitutions.I guess I will have to wing it along I am thinking that this design was created in Floriani software and therefore not easy to convert. I have the same problems with African Savanna Sunset's it came with Floriani color program. Had to reprogram all the colors, takes probably a day of time that I could be embroidering.
Attached Thumbnails img_5576.jpg   img_5577.jpg  
Old 09-20-2023, 02:08 AM

Wow, that is going to be gorgeous when done. I can see in the picture how I vibrant the colors are. Can't wait to see the finish.
Old 09-20-2023, 07:24 PM

Hi The software I use for editing SewWhat Pro64 (Sandscomputing) has just programed a multi window tile so I can have as many tiles open at one time as I like .Ask and yea will receive.Told them about the problem I was having with color choice programing and the next day got an email saying they had included a multi choice horizontal or vertical tile in the windows tab .All I can say is hat's off to them for there prompt service,been using this software for years now , it will do anything but digitize, I have Hach2 for that.
Attached Thumbnails img_5578.jpg  
Old 09-21-2023, 03:31 PM

If you do a lot of embroidery that was created in Floriani colors and you have the Janome colors, you could get a thread chart for each of the brands made with real thread. That way you can pick the one that is closest. I used a lot of RA rayon when I first started embroidery and still have most of the colors. The thread chart really does come in handy but they are expensive and not always in stock.
Old 09-22-2023, 01:06 AM

Hi sewingpup Thank you for the suggestion but as I said previously, I have two different Floriani to Janome conversions and they conflict with each other .Having the capability to open two file page tiles on the one page has solved most of my problems at the present time,I can correct on the fly as I'm proceeding through project.A lot of the extra colors is mostly shading which I don't think is necessary. I do have a 300 color Kit but I just prefer to use the Janome accredited colors ,they color the projects to my satisfaction and they always look fantastic when finished. This project calls for 72 Floriani colors and Janome only calls for 53 colors to do nearly the same job.The finish product will look just as photogenic whether done in either thread
The pic's are off my 300 set and the ones in 3 boxes are original Janome colors.I use as a color match source,I have never used them. I use New brotherthread Janome set for my normal embroidery, never had a problem with their quality or dye lots.
Attached Thumbnails img_5456.jpg   img_5579.jpg  
Old 09-23-2023, 03:17 AM

This had 5 applique's ,two of them cover the whole tile,mainly sky and the ship and 66K stitches , the next one is the other half off the ship and rainbow curving to the horizon .These tiles are taking a couple of hours each to complete ,slow going as the machine just wants to puddle along with all the 49 changes
Attached Thumbnails img_5580.jpg   img_5582.jpg  
Old 09-23-2023, 04:02 AM

Wow. You have a lot of patience. I dont think i would be able to create something that intricate. It is amazing and will be beautiful. Have fun!
Old 09-24-2023, 03:58 AM

That’s a beautiful project!