Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Pfaff 7570 embroidery unit - which needle plate?

Pfaff 7570 embroidery unit - which needle plate?

I have a Pfaff 7570 (have had it for about 2 years...) and am just getting around to playing with the embroidery unit. I can't find anything in either the 7570 or the embroidery unit manuals that says which needle plate to use and I'm not at all familiar with how the embroidery unit works. I have both a zigzag and straight stitch needle plate. Can I use the straight stitch one?

Sue

for my Babylock it does not matter as it's only going to sew straight (needle does not swing) and it drops the feed dogs. I leave my zigzag one on so I don't forget to change between them.

Since you are going to use stabilizer under the fabric, it should never be an issue of the machine wanting to pull the fabric down into the wider zigzag opening like with regular straight sewing.
    My name is Cathy - and I'm addicted to old sewing machines and their attachments.

Thanks, Cathy. I think I'd rather leave the zigzag plate on.

I know with Bernina machines, we always use the straight stitch plate. The smaller the hole, the less chance the fabric will pull down below the plate and some say the stitch quality is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Fizzyone View Post
    Thanks, Cathy. I think I'd rather leave the zigzag plate on.
    Tim
    Bernina Expert
    https://longarmmachines.com/