Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Machine Embroidery (https://www.quiltingboard.com/machine-embroidery-f28/)
-   -   Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun (https://www.quiltingboard.com/machine-embroidery-f28/embroidery-machines-lets-chat-have-fun-t32969.html)

sewnsewer2 12-11-2012 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma (Post 5713225)
So tell me someone. Why is my machine telling me it is the wrong hoop size "use larger embroidery hoop" when I have the large in which takes 5 x 7 and I was just using it on a larger design, then load another one in which is smaller and it errors with the larger hoop issue. I load a smaller design in it does the same thing but I just used the bugger with a larger design and was fine. I have turned off and reset program, computer, and emb machine. It is a Bernina 165. Just the darndest thing. I am doing the Peppermint Twist table runner. Any ideas?

Did you try rotating the design in the hoop?

QuilterMomma 12-12-2012 08:05 AM

Yep I have, I am able to run the 4 x 4 design just fine, but the 5 x 7 hoop will not work for some reason. I did the other small designs and had no issue, but the larger designs won't work now.

janetter 12-12-2012 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma (Post 5713225)
So tell me someone. Why is my machine telling me it is the wrong hoop size "use larger embroidery hoop" when I have the large in which takes 5 x 7 and I was just using it on a larger design, then load another one in which is smaller and it errors with the larger hoop issue. I load a smaller design in it does the same thing but I just used the bugger with a larger design and was fine. I have turned off and reset program, computer, and emb machine. It is a Bernina 165. Just the darndest thing. I am doing the Peppermint Twist table runner. Any ideas?

Hi quilter momma, Do you happen to have a sizer program? You can load the design in that and change the size of the hoop to fit your design. Then resave. Hope it helps.

Divokittysmom 12-12-2012 08:40 PM

Sometimes the design is just a teeny bit off center and that puts it over the 4x4 size. Try re centering your design and then try it again on your machine. Another problem could be one stray stitch is out of your 4x4 design area. If so carefully look at your design in your software program by enlarging it and look over the entire design area to see if there is a stray stitch. Just a few things that might help you.

mermaid 12-13-2012 04:54 AM

I think I read that the 4x4 works fine--it's the 5x7 that is giving the error message? Just a quick question--have you ck'd the connections on the hoop(my simplistic description),,to see if there is any damage or something in/on the connector parts? Sounds like the machine is reading the large hoop as a small hoop--for some reason.

janetter 12-13-2012 05:04 AM

Quilter Momma,
Is it just that one design? Has the design ever been edited? I am so frustrated when I can't sew out a design. Please let me know if you got it and what it was.
Janette

QuilterMomma 12-13-2012 10:00 AM

Yep, it is the hoop. I ended up calling the Bernina store in Billings, Montana where I bought it, no one at the Bernina dealership here in Spokane knew what could be the problem. Talked with the Tech, Steve, there and he told me that there is an adjustment screw on the hoop that is not being read by the sewing machine so I needed to adjust that and make it straight across so the hoop could be read. I just had this hoop repaired by the local dealership and it was not set just right so my machine would not read it all the time, just half the time. I did that and finished my designs right up last night and runner is done. Yeah! now to put border on and get quilted. Thank you for the help ladies.

sewnsewer2 12-13-2012 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma (Post 5717943)
Yep, it is the hoop. I ended up calling the Bernina store in Billings, Montana where I bought it, no one at the Bernina dealership here in Spokane knew what could be the problem. Talked with the Tech, Steve, there and he told me that there is an adjustment screw on the hoop that is not being read by the sewing machine so I needed to adjust that and make it straight across so the hoop could be read. I just had this hoop repaired by the local dealership and it was not set just right so my machine would not read it all the time, just half the time. I did that and finished my designs right up last night and runner is done. Yeah! now to put border on and get quilted. Thank you for the help ladies.

That's great! I'm glad it was something simple and it is fixed now.

QuilterMomma 12-13-2012 01:33 PM

I know, it would be awful not to finish my projects before Christmas. I have to do a coffee dq now so will have that stitching on the Bernina while I do the border on the Singer for the table runner. Love multi tasking. Then after I finish that runner, will cut up the borders and pieced block for the dq so there will be two things done and ready for longarm which is Sunday afternoon and hope to get at least four quilts done, the dq, and the tablerunner.

Jratcliff 12-15-2012 12:01 PM

Birds nest problem

2 Attachment(s)
I am hoping someone can help with this one.
I have a Brother 6000D - love it!
When I've been stitching out a design, somewhere along the line I get a whopping birds nest around the bobbin. I asked at the LQS and the lady there said if it is happening underneath, it's an upper thread problem. She also suggested that when I am doing thread changes I may not be insuring the thread is going through the uptake lever.
OK, checked it and I am threading correctly.
What I have noticed is it seems to happen with satin stitch, and of course it waits until I am nearly finished with a project.
I have been working on little stocking ornaments and the final satin stitch around the perimeter is getting nested, so I have had to throw everyone away since I have to cut it out of the machine!
Today, I was working on a star and it happened again on the satin stitch.
Checking the thread and it is still in the uptake lever.

I have tried doing a quilt in the hoop and of course at the end of the stitchout, it did it again. This time on a stipple stitch.

I am concerned since I am starting a project of a quilt in the hoop from hoopsisters, and I really don't want to ruin a batch of expensive fabric.

Suggestions, anyone?

Pictures below, and I'll apologize ahead for the blurry one.
Thanks,
Jane