Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Machine Embroidery (https://www.quiltingboard.com/machine-embroidery-f28/)
-   -   Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun (https://www.quiltingboard.com/machine-embroidery-f28/embroidery-machines-lets-chat-have-fun-t32969.html)

gramquilter2 07-23-2013 06:35 AM

Love the little baby feet and the cardinal birds. Great job on them Quilty Louise.

gramquilter2 07-23-2013 06:40 AM

I have used the mylar for a Halloween wall hanging and love the look of it. Newbee3 where did you get your sewing design?

BJayne 07-24-2013 12:20 PM

Do you use the same thread in the bobbin that you use on top? I have just purchased a Singer Quarter SEQS-6000 and am trying to learn how to use it, at this point I am very confused.

Quilty-Louise 07-24-2013 04:05 PM

Anytime I am making FSL (free standing lace) designs like those I
posted pics of (baby feet and cardinal birds) I use the same color
thread in both top and bobbin.

All other designs I USUALLY use either black or white bobbin thread.
There are rare exceptions to that, mostly depending on my "mood"
and how much I feel like just "sitting" at my machine to change the
bobbin thread.

Of course that is just me, everyone pretty much has their own methods
for doing things that work best for them.

Originally Posted by BJayne (Post 6194192)
Do you use the same thread in the bobbin that you use on top? I have just purchased a Singer Quarter SEQS-6000 and am trying to learn how to use it, at this point I am very confused.

Nanny's dollface 07-24-2013 06:30 PM

I have seen You Tube videos that show a sulky adhesive spray product on stabilizer as a prep before adding the fabric on top. Can adhesive spray products designed for quilt basting be used instead? Thanks!

newbee3 07-24-2013 06:34 PM

mylar embroidery designs on the internet purly gates is the name of the site

snipforfun 07-24-2013 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Nanny's dollface (Post 6194701)
I have seen You Tube videos that show a sulky adhesive spray product on stabilizer as a prep before adding the fabric on top. Can adhesive spray products designed for quilt basting be used instead? Thanks!

I use 505 spray

Jratcliff 07-25-2013 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by BJayne (Post 6194192)

It really depends on the project for me. I am currently working on burp pads for two babies yet to arrive. I want the embroidery to be rather soft and to "stand up" on the flannel so I'm using bobbin embroidery thread on the back and a water soluble stabilizer on the top. I am not convinced that it really looks any different if I don't do that, however the lady at the shop said that the embroidery bobbin thread is finer and doesn't pull the top thread to the back quite as much. I am also working on clothing labels so I do use the bobbin embroidery thread or the clear nylon thread. Also very fine and seems to work very well. On other stuff like the quilt I'm doing, I tend to go to regular sewing thread that I've got left over from other projects. No one will see it, it doesn't go to waste, and I'm not thinking about the added expense of specialty threads. Keep in mind, I am not a professional embroiderer and definitely not a purist by any means. I just do this for pleasure. Jane

clsurz 07-25-2013 07:43 AM

If you are embroidering you need to use embroidery bobbin thread and not the thread you use at the top.

Quilty-Louise 07-25-2013 10:37 AM

To get the BEST looking FSL though you want to use the same color thread
on both top and bottom.

I know that ABC Embroidery Designs sells bobbin thread in the same colors
as the top thread, but from ALL the designers, instructors, Retail store (where
machines purchased) said tat using emb. thread on top does not hurt anything.
Even my repair guys use the same thread.

Of course everyone has their own preferences on what they will or will not use.