Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Machine Embroidery (https://www.quiltingboard.com/machine-embroidery-f28/)
-   -   Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun (https://www.quiltingboard.com/machine-embroidery-f28/embroidery-machines-lets-chat-have-fun-t32969.html)

BeckyB 09-19-2013 06:37 PM

That is just beautiful!!!!!!

quiltnut4ever 09-20-2013 03:27 AM

Almond that is just gorgeous!

cheriami 09-20-2013 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by almond (Post 6303797)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]436972[/ATTACH]This is just an experiment. I have not been able to get pictures to upload, so am trying to do so by attachment and am seeing if it will work. Anyway if it does go thru, here is a picture of a quilt I did. I embroidered the blocks on the machine and pieced the rest. This is a gift for my nephew and his new wife.

Beautiful quilt!

DonnaPBradshaw 09-20-2013 04:59 AM

What a great idea to share ideas about Embroidery! I have a babylock Ellageo Plus which I need to learn how to use more. I've been really stumped to know how to incorporate embroidery with my love of quilting. This will be so helpful to read all that you gals are doing!

gramquilter2 09-20-2013 07:17 AM

almond, love your red and white embroidered quilt, really like the way you set it together. :thumbup:

GrandmaJeanne 09-20-2013 02:00 PM

Threads for EM

I have been looking and looking at EM for sometime now, but have to get to a dealer to see one in action. But my head is just swimming with all the options out there. Am looking for a machine that is the best bang for the buck. But also am looking at all the expense afterwards. Like the threads, my question and advice from all the ladies and gents, is what type of threads are you most happy with and give you the best look. I know there is a big difference in threads, and also do you need to buy the prewound bobbins, are they special or something that I am missing. Hopefully will be getting a machine before snow flys. So excited just looking to see what is out there. I have a real good sewing machine that I am really happy with a Jamone 6500, so I am leaning towards just a EM.

ceparker 09-20-2013 03:50 PM

I am new to machine embroidery also GrandmaJeanne, I just purchased the Janome 350e...it is awesome very user friendly as far as the other costs related I was recommended to Isacord polyester thread which is very reasonably priced. As in anything the start up costs can be expensive at first but once your supplies are established it's not that bad. A spool of 1000 meters goes a long ways when u think of all the colors that are in one design. Good luck on your quest

snipforfun 09-20-2013 06:20 PM

I love my Babylock Ellageo Plus. No problems. But I must say that if I knew then what I know now about the expense of good thread, designs, software and the zillion choices of stabilizers, I dont think I would go there. I have a great Janome 6600 and have tons of quilting projects to keep me busy forever. Its a fun toy, but...

Originally Posted by GrandmaJeanne (Post 6305044)
I have been looking and looking at EM for sometime now, but have to get to a dealer to see one in action. But my head is just swimming with all the options out there. Am looking for a machine that is the best bang for the buck. But also am looking at all the expense afterwards. Like the threads, my question and advice from all the ladies and gents, is what type of threads are you most happy with and give you the best look. I know there is a big difference in threads, and also do you need to buy the prewound bobbins, are they special or something that I am missing. Hopefully will be getting a machine before snow flys. So excited just looking to see what is out there. I have a real good sewing machine that I am really happy with a Jamone 6500, so I am leaning towards just a EM.

quiltjoey 09-20-2013 07:04 PM

I have the Viking Designer 1 and the Viking Ruby Deluxe. I use the D1 for sewing and am learning to use the Ruby Deluxe for embroidery. I've only had it 2 weeks! It has 5D Embroidery Software with upgrade to 6 next month...

SingerSewer 09-21-2013 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by GrandmaJeanne (Post 6305044)

I am a Baby Lock girl. My first embroidery machine was the Ellure Plus then went to the Ellageo (upgraded to the plus) and a few months ago I bought the embroidery only Spirit. All are great and the more you spend, the more the perks. I use the Ellageo to sew on and can embroidery at the same time using the Spirit. The Baby Lock and Brother machines use the pes format. Designs are readily available. I use Madeira and Sulky thread primarily. Sulky is on sale frequently. Takes lots of colors and that is what makes the thread such an expense. I also buy inexpensive tear away stabilizer on ebay and it lasts a long time. I buy the specialty ones at the sewing machine store but use the inexpensive on 75% of all projects. I don't use prewound bobbins.

I think the dealer is about the most important when deciding on any machine - sewing, embroidery, quilting. My dealer was wonderful but have lost lots of the better employees through the years so now it is just okay.

Anxious to see which machine you choose. Good luck!