Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Machine Embroidery (https://www.quiltingboard.com/machine-embroidery-f28/)
-   -   Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun (https://www.quiltingboard.com/machine-embroidery-f28/embroidery-machines-lets-chat-have-fun-t32969.html)

quiltnut4ever 10-07-2013 07:44 AM

I have the 5x7 magnetic hoop n just love it!!! It certainly holds the towels very well!

Jratcliff 10-08-2013 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by quiltnut4ever (Post 6335791)
I have the 5x7 magnetic hoop n just love it!!! It certainly holds the towels very well!

I've got the snap hoops. Bought the 7x14 first and loved it so much I then bought the 5x7. I looked at both the magna hoop and snap hoop and the snap looked less complicated.
They are machine specific - I have Brother

Krystyna 10-08-2013 06:45 AM

Had to share a PE770 adventure with all of you. I was stitching along with no problem and then the top thread started breaking and there were several "safety device engaged" episodes. I cleaned out the race, changed the needle, put in a fresh bobbin and still no good. Then I saw there was a major mess on the hook behind plastic piece number 4 (where you thread the machine) and no way to get to it. It was just in for an expensive serving so I wasn't about to go down that road again. Well, after much poking and prodding, I found a video on YouTube where the fellow took apart the entire machine to change a belt. So .... I called hubby in and we proceeded! It was scary, but it worked. Got out a huge gob of thread and now happily stitching away. No more pricey service calls for me!!!

quiltnut4ever 10-08-2013 03:44 PM

Good job Krystyna! N to ur hubby too!

Quilty-Louise 10-08-2013 03:49 PM

Thats awesome K!

When I start having lots of top thread breaking issues I know it
is because there is a "rats" nest in the upper hook area.

My machine is still under warranty (the newer machine) so when
that happens on that machine in she goes. With the older machine
I do my own cleaning and maintenance on it if I am able too.

Glad you got your issue fixed.

colleenzchaos 10-09-2013 08:46 AM

Have any of you used regular thread on your embroidery machine? I am wanting to use some standard glow in the dark designs for my grand-daughter's trick or treat bag. Any help will be appreciated.

cmierley 10-10-2013 02:26 AM

Yes I have used the glow thread in a quilt and I didn't have any problems. Kids lived it.

mannem 10-11-2013 05:03 AM

I have a Brother 2800D. All of a sudden the upper thread will be too loose and causes loops, loops, loops on the bottom. I have tried to adjust the tension. It does not affect the loops. There is no obvious 'nest' anywhere. What can I do besides taking it more than 100 miles to the nearest dealer? Help please.

Gay 10-11-2013 05:51 AM

Mannem, have you tried re-threading the top? Seems to me the thread hasn't settled through the tension discs properly, or there's a bit of fluff caught in there somewhere. Lower the presser foot and gently pull the thread, if it pulls through the needle easily, it has missed the tension.

davisp 10-13-2013 03:07 PM

My sister bought a Janome 350 E and never used it. She gave it too me earlier this year. I've played around on it, put my son's name on some shirts for him. Looking forward to cooler weather so I can spend time time on it.