Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Machine Embroidery (https://www.quiltingboard.com/machine-embroidery-f28/)
-   -   Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun (https://www.quiltingboard.com/machine-embroidery-f28/embroidery-machines-lets-chat-have-fun-t32969.html)

Rennie 03-14-2015 08:32 AM

Well, today I did some embroidery designs using Mylar, and they came out great. They were my first try with Mylar so just tried it out on some hand towels before I start a quilt using the designs. I am always behind and I know others have probably been using mylar in their embroidery forever... Now on to a table top thingy where I didn't understand the pattern and had to "improvise" about half way through. Oh, well. Happy Saturday everone.

romanojg 03-15-2015 03:48 AM

sherian, the clips that come with the machines are small silver clips. The black ones I was talking about are the paper clips for school/office papers. They work great and come in different sizes.

sharin'Sharon 03-15-2015 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by romanojg (Post 7121085)
If you are around a viking dealer I'd get a small pack. From what I've seen most hoops are about same thickness at least in some of the areas. I've heard also in some areas that Joann's sells Viking so maybe you could call them and see if they have them or order them. I think they work great for large hoops or heavier fabric or dense designs

if you can't find them how about those black clips used to hold heavy stacks of paper together. they can be found at most stores

In reference to the 'black clips', do you mean the 'binder clips'? They come in several sizes.

romanojg 03-16-2015 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by sharin'Sharon (Post 7128634)
In reference to the 'black clips', do you mean the 'binder clips'? They come in several sizes.

yes, they are the black ones, binder ones.

TacoMama 03-16-2015 06:14 AM

I have actually 3 Brother embroidery machines: Brother 400D, 8500, and Innovis 1500D. I love my Brother machines. I do just about all sewing on the 400d. The 8500 is not working due to a bobbin problem, but the Innovis is wonderful. I love to embroidery and I do the ITH things. I like those ITH patterns, but I don't have a big enough hoop for some things that I would to do. I have had the first machine, the 8500, almost 15 years. I love to embroidery.

sherian 03-16-2015 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by romanojg (Post 7128127)
sherian, the clips that come with the machines are small silver clips. The black ones I was talking about are the paper clips for school/office papers. They work great and come in different sizes.

thanks so much, have a wonderful day!

Quilter7x 03-21-2015 04:07 PM

I just did a search on the board here for the Brother Isodore 5000 machine. This thread came up, but it's over 300 pages long and honestly, I'm being lazy. :o Does someone have this machine? It sure looks like a nice one!

Quilty-Louise 03-21-2015 05:27 PM

Sherian have you tried the hoop grip yet?
What is your opinion on it?

Quilty-Louise 03-22-2015 06:56 AM

Especially for those of you NEW embroidery

For all you "newbies" to embroidery (and even you veterans).

I just saw a video on facebook about some "favorite tools"

TOTALLY gave me something to think about with some of my
items that I have, and KNEW they would be helpful with sewing,
and embroidery but I just wasn't quite sure in which way. Mainly
the rubber ends of the seam fix, and the "hook".

I went to Harbor Freight several years ago and found a package
of 3 hooks, each hook was different, I KNEW they would work for
something.

I already use the hair ties, so that is not a new idea for me. I
have been coveting those double bent scissors for a long time
just haven't bought them. I am going to buy them NOW.

As for that fussy cut ruler? oh heck yeah I want one of those.

Here is the link to the video.

CREATIVE APPLIQUES Video

Neesie 03-22-2015 07:16 AM

I've been wanting some bent scissors for a long time! Finally ordered some from Amazon.com, yesterday! :)