Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Machine Embroidery (https://www.quiltingboard.com/machine-embroidery-f28/)
-   -   Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun (https://www.quiltingboard.com/machine-embroidery-f28/embroidery-machines-lets-chat-have-fun-t32969.html)

ania755 01-06-2016 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by girlygirlforme (Post 7424326)
Hello I have a 5 spool thread stand that fits Janome MC 9500 9000 300E 350E JA420 machines. I no longer use it and was wondering if I should sell. What are your thoughts on spool stands? I usually do not use one and just thread the machine with each color lined up. Fairly new to embroidery and recently was gifted a MC9000. Thank you for any suggestions.

You lucky girl......I think, more toys, the better......I wouldn,t sell....I would use what I have and be happy I have it....but of course, its what I would do....Good luck and happy stitching

newbee3 01-08-2016 10:01 AM

I embroidered loralie girls they are 5x7 now I want to make a wall hanging out of them I did think about framing them in a different color of fabric , I even thought about making it wonky but don't know how to go about that as of yet. These gals are really cute

Cari-in-Oly 01-08-2016 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by newbee3 (Post 7427855)
I embroidered loralie girls they are 5x7 now I want to make a wall hanging out of them I did think about framing them in a different color of fabric , I even thought about making it wonky but don't know how to go about that as of yet. These gals are really cute

I'm planning the same thing! For a beloved neighbor of mine. She's a retired hair stylist and has a very unique sense of style. I'm going to use designs from several collections that I got with one of my machines, including the Wild Cat Women and Salon. There is a line of Loralie fabrics, I'll be using some for my wall hanging. I love Loralie designs!

Cari

deedum 01-09-2016 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by girlygirlforme (Post 7424326)
Hello I have a 5 spool thread stand that fits Janome MC 9500 9000 300E 350E JA420 machines. I no longer use it and was wondering if I should sell. What are your thoughts on spool stands? I usually do not use one and just thread the machine with each color lined up. Fairly new to embroidery and recently was gifted a MC9000. Thank you for any suggestions.

I would keep it for awhile, as you get more into embrodiery you may find you will use it, I have a 9500 and just change the thread out one spool at a time. That maybe something for me to consider sometime.

Sophie2 01-09-2016 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by deedum (Post 7428593)
I would keep it for awhile, as you get more into embrodiery you may find you will use it, I have a 9500 and just change the thread out one spool at a time. That maybe something for me to consider sometime.

I have a stand for my Ruby Deluxe and love it. It saves time when I change thread. Wasn't sure if I would like it, but I do. Wonder why I waited so long to get it.

bluesnowdoe 01-11-2016 05:34 AM

Lovely quilts thanks for sharing

bluesnowdoe 01-11-2016 06:22 AM

Thank you for the info

newbee3 01-11-2016 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by newbee3 (Post 7427855)

I guess I did not let you know I am so open to ideas I could use your help

oldquilter 01-11-2016 11:57 AM

I have an 11,000 SE Janome that I love, love ,love. I've made everything from whole quilts to small quilt labels. I just got it back from its yearly clean and lube visit. Never makes a misstep.

Cari-in-Oly 01-11-2016 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by newbee3 (Post 7430943)
I guess I did not let you know I am so open to ideas I could use your help

My plan is to use this pattern, http://www.maryquilts.com/twisted-happy-block-quilt/
adapting it for rectangles instead of squares. I've seen a picture of a Loralie quilt done this way. My LQS has some really cool Loralie fabrics that go with the embroidery designs.

Cari