Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Machine Embroidery (https://www.quiltingboard.com/machine-embroidery-f28/)
-   -   Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun (https://www.quiltingboard.com/machine-embroidery-f28/embroidery-machines-lets-chat-have-fun-t32969.html)

Rhonda Lee 01-29-2017 08:26 PM

A good idea. Machine Embroidery is what I have always looked for. I have learned much by reading this thread. I don't offer back much because I've so much to learn!!

Sewing Fan 01-30-2017 03:37 AM

I have a Janome 11000 which I have had for some years and have used very little. I am hoping to get to use it this year and learn more about machine embroidery which in the past has been daunting to me. Any help will be gratefully accepted. This is the first time I have posted so I hope it is in the right place.

romanojg 01-30-2017 07:07 AM

I just saw this past weekend that with in the next month or so Brother is coming out with some affordable machines, one is an embroidery/sewing machine. Not sure the hoop size but its under 400, pretty good for a brother. They are trying to make is easier on the quilter/sewer to get a decent machine when you can't or don't want to spend a fortune on a machine. Great idea as far as I'm concerned.

Cari-in-Oly 01-30-2017 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by romanojg (Post 7752884)
I just saw this past weekend that with in the next month or so Brother is coming out with some affordable machines, one is an embroidery/sewing machine. Not sure the hoop size but its under 400, pretty good for a brother. They are trying to make is easier on the quilter/sewer to get a decent machine when you can't or don't want to spend a fortune on a machine. Great idea as far as I'm concerned.

Brother has always had affordable lines of machines and there's been embroidery machines and combo sewing/embroidery machines at this price point for a while. On line shopping can get you just about anything at an affordable price.

Cari

pewa88 01-30-2017 09:38 AM

I have a Janome 300E that has started making all kinds of noises when I try to stitch out a design. I am wondering if it would be advisable to have it serviced and fixed, or get a new machine. I have had this machine for years and it has stitched beautifully and it has done lots and lots of work for me. I am wondering if it is just worn out?

romanojg 01-30-2017 11:24 AM

[QUOTE=Cari
These are new out or will be out shortly. I have both Viking and Brother for different reasons and each has things the other doesn't that I love. Now my serger, its Babylock and I love it.

pewa88 01-31-2017 07:39 AM

Can anyone help with my question?

deedum 01-31-2017 08:27 AM

sounds good to me. sharing is what it is all about.

Cari-in-Oly 01-31-2017 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by pewa88 (Post 7753037)
I have a Janome 300E that has started making all kinds of noises when I try to stitch out a design. I am wondering if it would be advisable to have it serviced and fixed, or get a new machine. I have had this machine for years and it has stitched beautifully and it has done lots and lots of work for me. I am wondering if it is just worn out?

Yes it's worth taking for a service if you can't do it yourself. It needs to be cleaned and oiled once in a while. It's still a popular machine even though it's not made any more.

Cari

deedum 01-31-2017 08:41 AM

sounds good to me. sharing is what it is all about.