Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Machine Embroidery (https://www.quiltingboard.com/machine-embroidery-f28/)
-   -   Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun (https://www.quiltingboard.com/machine-embroidery-f28/embroidery-machines-lets-chat-have-fun-t32969.html)

quiltnut4ever 02-16-2012 06:01 PM

Laura, that is too cute on the toilet paper! LOL! My daughter would get a kick out of it! Good job!:thumbup:

Sophie2 02-17-2012 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by Lyn (Post 700213)
Yes, at emblibrary they have quilt designs that you hoop it and the machine takes over. Also The Stencil Company has borders and block quilting.

When you do quilt designs on quilts that you hoop, do you use stablizer next to the machine bed like you do with regular embroidery? I am new to using the em unit on my Topaz 30 and love what I have done. I did one quilt but wasn't sure about the stablizer. I used a stablizer that washs out, but haven't actually finished it yet to wash it to see if the stablizer does actually wash out. Thanks. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this thread!!!!!

Pieces2 02-17-2012 07:08 AM

I have a Bernina 180E, I usually make quilt blocks with my embroidery machine.
I really like the 5 X 7 hoop the best for bigger quilt blocks. But have used the smaller hoop for crib quilts and embroidered the 4 X 4 designs as well. They have a wonderful selection of designs available.

sewnsewer2 02-17-2012 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by laura59 (Post 4978257)
I have the Janome MC9000, Brother Innovis 500D, Brother ULT2003D, and the PR600II. I do lots of digitizing. Right now I am making designs to put on toilet paper.

OMG, I love these!!!!! I have ME'd on TP too! :D

TanyaL 02-17-2012 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by Sophie2 (Post 4982686)
When you do quilt designs on quilts that you hoop, do you use stablizer next to the machine bed like you do with regular embroidery? I am new to using the em unit on my Topaz 30 and love what I have done. I did one quilt but wasn't sure about the stablizer. I used a stablizer that washs out, but haven't actually finished it yet to wash it to see if the stablizer does actually wash out. Thanks. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this thread!!!!!

I have a Brother 2500D. It usually doesn't like to embroider anything without really good stablizing.
I use bolts of the wash away type. If I don't want to wash, I get rid of it with the water sprayer I keep by my iron. That leaves your fabric with a light starched finish - but when you actually do wash, it will all come out. You can test your stablizer by putting a piece of it in a bowl of water and watching it dissolve.

Sophie2 02-17-2012 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by TanyaL (Post 4982989)
I have a Brother 2500D. It usually doesn't like to embroider anything without really good stablizing.
I use bolts of the wash away type. If I don't want to wash, I get rid of it with the water sprayer I keep by my iron. That leaves your fabric with a light starched finish - but when you actually do wash, it will all come out. You can test your stablizer by putting a piece of it in a bowl of water and watching it dissolve.

Thanks for the tip. I will try the water spray bottle when I get home tonight.

annies-best 02-17-2012 07:23 PM

Love you Tp's they are sew cute

Originally Posted by laura59 (Post 4978257)
I have the Janome MC9000, Brother Innovis 500D, Brother ULT2003D, and the PR600II. I do lots of digitizing. Right now I am making designs to put on toilet paper.

titute01 02-18-2012 04:38 AM

embroidery machines

Hi I have 4 embroidery machines 3-singers 1 kenmore love my newist singer futura lg hoop. fun fun fun!! have done a lot of app. quilts for grandaughters. etc. aprons lots of wording on shirts for bowlers ,towels dish towels have had a great time with all of them. Also have a long arm with q-bot , my husband is now using that I just retired 2wks ago so now I want to longarm..

Denise85 02-20-2012 06:01 AM

I have a Babylock Ellegante 2. I just finished a tote where you embroider all the squares within the hoop. It was a lot of fun. Once I figure out how to post pictures I will submit one:)

Quilty-Louise 02-22-2012 11:36 AM

Have any of you tried a product called "Hoop Grip"?

If you have not tried it I highly recommend it, I bought
some when I got my newest embroidery machine in
January and now I will NEVER go without it again. It works
like a dream in keeping stabilizer and fabrics from slipping
while trying or in the hoop.

If you want more info about it you can "google" the name
"hoop grip" and it can be found at several online stores.

If you have tried it what are your opinions on it?