Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Machine Embroidery (https://www.quiltingboard.com/machine-embroidery-f28/)
-   -   Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun (https://www.quiltingboard.com/machine-embroidery-f28/embroidery-machines-lets-chat-have-fun-t32969.html)

donna13350 04-16-2017 05:15 AM

You have to actually change the file...convert it...not just change the name from PES to JEF. Your machine won't read a PES file, so changing the name won't do anything. You will need a file converter to convert your files over to Jef format. Ask here, some of the ladies may know which ones are free, better, etc.

Lv2sew2011 04-16-2017 04:57 PM

Thanks Donna, I already knew that! I figured it out and tried on the new machine and it worked great. I appreciate you for responding. :thumbup:

njw 04-22-2017 05:59 PM

Hello. I can see this forum isn't very current so I don't know if there is anyone "out there" who can help me. I am looking to purchase a used Bernina 200 embroidery machine. I am a newbie. Can these machines use newer software? Can I use my Mac with it? Thanks so much if anyone can help.

sushi 04-22-2017 07:40 PM

njw,

I'll be watching for responses to your question. I have a Bernina 635 with the embroidery attachment, and I am unable to use my Mac with it. There is software - is it called Embrilliance? - that is supposed to help us Mac users make the translation. I haven't tried it, as I've found it easier to use my husband's PC to download designs.

Even the Bernina embroidery software won't run on a Mac, which I find irritating and insulting - but obviously Bernina doesn't care. One of these days I may just buy the cheapest PC I can find and dedicate it to embroidery. So far I've been so frustrated by having spent so much money only to learn that I need to spend more (on a PC, the embroidery software, etc.) in order to make it work, that I've thrown in the towel. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I hope I'll feel differently one day.

Thanks for letting me vent. :)

mermaid 04-23-2017 03:27 AM

Embrilliance does work with Mac. There are several modules you can purchase for what you want to do. For a starter, you might want the "Thumbnailer" that lets you see images of your designs that you D/L. From this point, choosing a design to emb, I do not understand why you can't load it onto a USB or card via card writer (whatever you use)..does your machine connect directly to a computer? Is that the problem with Mac? I am not familiar with the Berninas, but I will look up the models. Meantime. go to the Embrilliance site and look at the products. I have the Thumbnailer, cost abt $40, covers all formats..I would not take anything for it. It's the only image viewer I've tried and I love it. Not associated with company, but they give wonderful service if you have a problem. When transferring my Thumbnailer to WIN10, the rep called me and totally took over the computer, updated and spent quite some time until it was installed correctly. Yeah, I like the company.

mermaid 04-23-2017 03:39 AM

There is a discussion here about the 200 and as I replied to the other Bernina/Mac post, Embrilliance works with Mac.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...e-t192941.html

SherB 04-23-2017 10:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have a Babylock Elisimo gold. I love it. It uses .pes format. Here is a baby quilt I made this weekend using the appliqué feature. I need suggestions on which border so tell me what y'all think..[ATTACH=CONFIG]572002[/ATTACH]

SherB 04-23-2017 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by sylviak (Post 5193778)
Is there a good tutorial some place on the web that explains how to quilt with the EM? Do any of you do that? And do you use a stabilizer, or does the batting act as a stabilizer? I've been seeing these great designs and thought it would be nice to try it.

I have quilted with the embroidery function. It turns out beautifully. I didn't use any stabilizer and it turned out great. I did 64 blocks on a queen size quilt.

pewa88 04-24-2017 08:20 AM

Hi Sher, I saw your other post and commented there. Cute appliqués. I vote green for the front and floral for the back making it reversible. Babies spit up all the time and these tummy quilts need to turned over.It is a darling quilt.

butter14562 04-24-2017 02:38 PM

I find it's very hard to keep up with embroidery software. I have digitizer Mb. Every up grade cost 500.00, that's what it cost to get to v 5 now. And my windows computer will no longer be supported soon. I have absolutely no desire to return to using a newer window computer,as my newest is a max. And the new version would only work on the newer computer. I don't think I would buy a older embroidery machine. My machine is a Janome mc10001, I love it, and can buy designs and transfer with 512 memory cards. Also have customizer for simple editing, which is great. But such a shame to have digitizing software that cost 1,000. In need of 500. More. And then only windows computer.